Whipple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you will do warranty repairs on busted cv joints after doing top perch and RPG upper control arms on a 2012? Because NONE of the dealerships around me will touch it..

-Greg

Stuff like that is case by case. If the failure is caused by abuse or aftermarket components it is not warrantable but.......... and that is a big but!!"

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this reignited my whipple lust. I love the low end torque of a FI engine and miss it terribly when going from the E55 to the raptor. Rbarn thanks the the tommy Vaughn phone number. I'd love to go for a ride in your truck after your whipple is installed.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The whipple superchargers are definitely worth the money. We have them in stock and ready to ship for whoever is wanting to order one and doesn't want to wait the 4-6 week build time....

axel

Reaction score
supercharger recipe? Help please.

Info,advice and expert experiences please..Currently running stock motor, drop in airaid, magnaflow single in/out exhaust pass side exit. Starting build...purchased arh long tubes w/offroad y pipe no cats, airaid cai I modified tubed to 102mm, bought a pre-filter, custom built fiberglass lid for when it gets nasty. Ordered x3 from mike over at 5star. Nothing installed yet. I figured I might as well throw a 2.3ltvs or 2.9 while I'm in it. Suggestions for best/safest setup would be appreciated. Looking for great power and reliability, I don't want the boost over 8 and dont want to bomb my motor. I live in corpus christi, HOT, and need to keep it cool. I know a guy down here who has blown a few twin turbo 800hp raptor motors. I will be doing high speed shennanagons on the beach, occasional trails and mud, asphaut drifting,etc. 3500 miles in first 9 months 10mpg average. (I work alot and have co truck). Just a little confused on proper componets to piece together single or dual tb, water to air, air to air, sensors etc. Think I will stay 3.5" from y in/out magnaflow side exit. Carb compliance is A NON issue. Have cnc machine for custom fab. .Final tune will be done in San Antonio Tx by Murillo Motorsports. They know the modulars, 7.56 @191 in a tt fox body last year. Please, all input, testing charts, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

fordfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a Whipple and run the gt500 tbody that comes with it. They are working on a tune for the long tube headers and should be done soon. U don't want to run a single tb do to drivability issues on the street around 1500 rpm. Those tbs are made for race applications and wot majority of the time and as much air as possible. If u don't want more than 8 psi and plan to drive truck on street go Whipple and stop there. I have a 13 ordered and AR long tubes, Whipple is ordered, cat back as well. I have seriously looked at livernois 6.6 short block and came but think I might get psst the point of a comfortable to drive street truck. I did that with my diesel and it was great to run the shit out of but sucked when just driving around town.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the tvs. For low boost it is as or maybe more efficient and free wheels when not in boost thus lees drain on the engine IMO. I think both are great but if not looking for a built motor and max power I lean to the tvs...I plan to eventually get there too and want to see if I can get mt twin 72 l&m throttle body to fit. It is a really high quality tb originally bought for my gt500 but never installed.

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
twin 72 l&m throttle body to fit. It is a really high quality tb originally bought for my gt500 but never installed.

It will fit, just need a good tuner to dial it in. Plan on doing the same, but probably with the Ford Racing twin 65mm throttle since L&M is no longer in business.

The Whipple with the front inlet and bigger MAF is much better set-up than the Roush TVS.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that L&M sold their desighn so someone is still making that TB but under another name? Not sure. If you want me to check on availability I have some contacts that may have something still laying around....can't promise much on color etc. but I can see if they have any left sitting out there. Mine is polished but if I had a choice that black chrome is my favorite.