How fast in 4 Wheel Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain 4wd is good through top speed

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
TuckerTravis

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain 4wd is good through top speed

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

so the whole deal with it being able to go up to 100 mph in 4WD is true. because ive seen a video of a guy putting in off road mode then 4 hi then locking the differential. he then goes like 120 in 4WD. just didnt want to hurt anything driving that fast in 4WD.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so the whole deal with it being able to go up to 100 mph in 4WD is true. because ive seen a video of a guy putting in off road mode then 4 hi then locking the differential. he then goes like 120 in 4WD. just didnt want to hurt anything driving that fast in 4WD.

Dude who went 120 probably had a tune which removed the speed governor.

EatsPrii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the exact speed, but I think the rear diff lock dissengages at about 25 mph in off-road mode. 4WD is good through the entire speed range. I was told the factory governor is set to 114 mph. I can't confirm though.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the exact speed, but I think the rear diff lock dissengages at about 25 mph in off-road mode. 4WD is good through the entire speed range. I was told the factory governor is set to 114 mph. I can't confirm though.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Factory governor is set at 99mph. Any speeds over that requires a tune that deletes the factory limit.