Tailgate seal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of the available tailgate seals on the market? Lund, Truxedo, and Agricover all make a kit. There may be others. Any recommendations? I was thinking this would be the perfect compliment to a Bakflip.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It mainly keeps dust out. If you are getting water back there I wouldn't expect much improvement. It does cut down a little on the dust though. Had one on my silverado... Don't have one on the raptor but don't have much dust either compared to the Chevy without the seal.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have the TrailSeal from AgriCover. I have not installed it yet, but will before my summer vacation road trip.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you guys keep this updated, I'm looking for the same thing right now...my first thought was just to grab some generic weatherstripping from Autozone and do it myself.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a package for my dad who also has an F-150 from the local truck shop but he hasn't installed it yet. I think his is the trail seal but not sure. I'll get back to you all with results.

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinkng about ordering the Lund from Amazon. I have a Bakflip F1 and Ford Bedrug. Even through the touchless car wash, only the tailgate bedrug "hinge" got a little damp since water sprays upward as you pull through. I know it's more for dust, but it has to help fill that space between tailgate and bed enough to reduce exposure to liquid as well? Not high on my priority list right now, but I'll be sure to check back. Thanks.