Any interest in a mid july AZ run?

What date would you like to do this run?

• Thursday July 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday July 13

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sunday July 15

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Internet is so slow here I can't stream it, but I'm downloading it so I can check it out. Looking forward to what you find out over there. Flagstaff would definitely be a better place climate-wise for a run in July.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took some pics of The Cinders today, look for them in my album. Video malfunction, stupid camera, sorry.

I only tinkered around in a little bit of the OHV area and will go back for more. Mainly it is for go-fast quads and high powered buggies. Traction is limited in loose cinders a lot like sand dunes. Most all hills are STEEP, too much for the unaired down raptor, but I never used 4Low so there is more left. There are whoops or giant washboards everywhere that are about 3-6 feet apart making for slow going. Most trails are quad width but the raptor made through just fine with minimal tree branch contact or sliding downhill sideways. All in all it is a very fun place to go There is primitive camping allowed and except for 2 campsites, I had the place to myself, although I bet weekends are different. I didn't run the truck too hard because I was alone and really didn't want to get stuck.

Oh yeah, LOTS of wheel hop. I made sure to leave my mark around a bunch of quad bowls so they knew I was there

3220-june-18-2012-cinders-030.jpg

3222-june-18-2012-cinders-040.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Alright so I've updated the OP a bit and added a poll for the dates. Let me know what you guys want to do.

Milhouse

Reaction score
It breaks my heart that we'll be in Vegas for a wedding that weekend. We'll have to join you all next time.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Milhouse, if you want to take the trucks out sometime, just drop me a line. I'll be back in town early July.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bahhh would love to go but 21hour drive, cant wing that so soon, wantin to go to AZ sometime badly but ill have to wait, :(

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Update in OP! Dates/times/locations are set!

Let me know for sure whether you are in or not.

The gist of it is, Sunday July 15, Meet at Bass Pro in Mesa at 0900, Roll out from there to Four Peaks/Sycamore Wash, then afterwards hit Toby Kieths or one of the other restaurants down by our original meeting spot for some grub and booze.