Whipple vs. Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lastly, the TVS is fairly quiet, and the Whipple has a screaming whine...so that is something to consider as well. Some guys want a loud WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and some want "stealth" with exhaust noise their dominant signature.

Some nice points! I guess I throw down will have to take place somewhere.

As for the whine, I have for years loved this sound, when you stomp on the gas you will stop pepole in there tracks walking or driving and see them say "what the ****" LOL
Loud exhaust on a Pickup truck is to me getting old and actually annoying alot of noise and no action. IMO

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

hmmm might have to take a ride to the whitestone one day and go for joyride!

Any time my friend.

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some nice points! I guess I throw down will have to take place somewhere.

As for the whine, I have for years loved this sound, when you stomp on the gas you will stop pepole in there tracks walking or driving and see them say "what the ****" LOL
Loud exhaust on a Pickup truck is to me getting old and actually annoying alot of noise and no action. IMO

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Any time my friend.

LOL, There is no doubt that it is fun to freak people out with supercharger whine. However, sometimes it just irritates me. I do agree that a bunch of noise without the action in BS.

I know this, I will never have one without again.

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to disagree on the TVS being quiet, If anyone heard my truck before the longtubes and exhaust setup they could tell you, that not hearing the supercharger whine was pretty much not going to happen. It's even pretty damn audible in the video I posted up.

But then again my truck doesnt whine anymore...now it Roars. ;p Roush FTW.

I'll post up my opinion and why I went the Roush route abit later.

Stig1

Reaction score
Lastly, the TVS is fairly quiet, and the Whipple has a screaming whine...so that is something to consider as well. Some guys want a loud WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and some want "stealth" with exhaust noise their dominant signature.

Under heavy heavy acceleration, the whipple is loud.
Under heavy acceleration, it is still fairly noticeable inside the cab.
Under normal driving, you could have a passenger that never knows you have it in there.

My #1 concern was the noise level being too loud. Mine is not, Im pleased.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am intrested in the Whipple as a future upgrade. I would like to know more about the factory warranty you said you got to keep. Also who did the install for you? I was just in Queens yesterday. I have a job starting up in LGA in a few weeks and also In Brooklyn have to come check out your truck one day.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Purchased and installed at
Hassett Ford out in Wantagh Long Island, they have been an authorized Whipple installer and Dealer for many many years. They are an SVT Dealership.
Give the service department a call ask for Alex (Service Manager).
I even got a loaner car while the truck was getting it installed and the PCM was sent to Ford Racing, this was a big plus for me!

My regular dealer is in Queens they are not and the owner has a Raptor and did not believe me when I told him I get to keep my Warranty.

Ford did away with the SVT program at Dealerships, they were only a few anyway. So most Ford Dealership don't know anything about this.

So you have push these dealers into making phone calls to SVT and Ford Racing or even the Warranty department.

Also you can not do any other mods!!! This will automatically void the warranty. You have to keep the stock setup and be limited to 110 mph.

I hope Ford Motor and Ford Racing is getting enough feedback and maybe support Long Tubes to be able to pass emissions.
And to increase the speed limiter to at least 120, I don't see how unless they put better tires on our trucks and do something about the driveshaft.

Last edited:

11raptor6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it bad that I have considered cashing in an old 401k that I don't contribute to anymore and getting a whipple? Lol also the closest Dyno tuner told me that having a supercharged vehicle is hard here in north Dakota because our fuel quality is poor. Any thoughts ?

Last edited: