KMC Enduro Beadlock Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnsbruce

Reaction score
Howdy -

I have the KMC Enduro wheels on my Raptor. The wheels came with Grade 8 bolts to attach the beadlock to the wheel. Can I replace the the Grade 8 bolts with stainless bolts? Stainless bolts are not as strong as Grade 8, but I am thinking the threads in the aluminum wheel are the weak link.

Thanks

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No! Hell No! The threads are not the weak link or they wouldn't spec Grade 8 Bolts. You can do the thread failure calcs if you want to prove this to yourself. You will not be able to achieve the necessary pre-load on the bolts to hold the lock ring on under pressure. This could lead to failure under pressure and consequently severe injury and/or death.

OP
OP
T

tnsbruce

Reaction score
Glad I asked! Grade 8 will stay. I was getting some corrosion on the bolt heads. I will clean off and stick with the Grade 8 bolts.

I will do some research on the thread failure calculations - it will be an interesting exercise.

Thanks!

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Howdy -

I have the KMC Enduro wheels on my Raptor. The wheels came with Grade 8 bolts to attach the beadlock to the wheel. Can I replace the the Grade 8 bolts with stainless bolts? Stainless bolts are not as strong as Grade 8, but I am thinking the threads in the aluminum wheel are the weak link.

Thanks

Have you stripped some of the threads on the wheel?

OP
OP
T

tnsbruce

Reaction score
Have you stripped some of the threads on the wheel?

The shop that mounted the tires stripped a couple - I used helicoil to repair. Ideally, I think these wells should come with helicoils standard for a more secure mounting of beadlock ring.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can try clear coating the bolt heads. That's what i do when I want to keep the grade 8 finish.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Beadlocks strip out, back out and break bolts all the time. I seriously don't suggest them.