Paint Sealant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Its time to add some protection to the paint on the Raptor. I think I will use a synthetic sealant as opposed to an actual wax. (thanks to Boss Hoss for teaching me the difference) I wan't something that lasts a long time and is easy to apply. My question is: For those of you using sealant, what do you use/how long does it seem to last. Is it safe to use on the factory 2012 matte black decals or will it mess them up?

Thanks in advance.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I know is that turtle wax ice wax is usable on almost all exterior surfaces. It's what I have been using for a few years.

I wish I knew more about this stuff. Good thread. I'm hoping to learn a few things.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meguires #21 is what I use or the NXT Tech Wax 2.0 if you cannot get the #21 quick. Make sure to let it sit for an hour or so in the sun if possible. Helps it cure as well as comes off much better with almost no hazing! Try and keep it off of the plastic----then put Carnuba based wax on it the next day after it cures!

I have posted pics of mine here using that process.. Good luck!!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meguires #21 is what I use or the NXT Tech Wax 2.0 if you cannot get the #21 quick. Make sure to let it sit for an hour or so in the sun if possible. Helps it cure as well as comes off much better with almost no hazing! Try and keep it off of the plastic----then put Carnuba based wax on it the next day after it cures!

I have posted pics of mine here using that process.. Good luck!!

Boss teach us your ways lol. So you use a sealant then layer Pinnacle on top of it the next day?

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you apply with Boss? I was looking at the Makita 9227CX3

----edit----

Just saw you said you use the Makita BO6040 with Meguiars soft buff 2.0s in the Overwaxed thread.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mcguires is something new I've never heard of :ROFLJest:

Last edited:

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya turtlewax ice is amazing for the exterior of cars, also a great solution too is have you thought about getting it Ming'd?