Recommendations on Modest Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwizard93

Reaction score
I just got my 2012 Raptor less than a week ago and was wondering if there is a section on recommended mods.

I am looking at modest mods - nothing like putting in a SC or anything like that.

In my old F150, I put in some nice dual exhaust pipes out the back and had a K&N filter kit installed. I did notice a little something with regards to performance when they went it - although nothing to write home about.

I don't want anything that will blow the bank or kill my warranty. But it would be nice to heel a little extra kick when i push on the petal.

Any suggestions??

Also, are there any reputable mod places in the Miami, Florida area that anyone uses?

Thanks to all!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most here have the 5 star tune with AFE intake (also from 5 star).

Also, magnaflow, stainless works, borla, roush, and corsa (maybe more) have received mostly positive reviews.

Be wary when installing a tune... some say it will void warranty. However, this is easily avoided by reverting back to stock tune when you take it to the dealer. As you may already know, full warranty cannot be voided unless the root of the problem you may have is from the aftermarket mods.

Good luck

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A small physical fact: the lower the pressure drop across the filter the more available air to the motor.

That said, it has been my observation, most aftermarket CAI's have similar filter cross-sectional areas. The difference in filter material will also affect pressure drop across the filter.

Care should be taken to chose a filter that will protect the motor from foreign particles, even the smaller ones. Care should also be taken to avoid water intrusion, i.e., a slug of water.

Others will also comment some other concerns.

IMO, there is very little, if any, performance difference between the Airraid and the AFE.

OP
OP
M

mrwizard93

Reaction score
It looks like I will be hitting up the X3 Stage 2 with the programmer ... By the picture, it looks like the install is pretty easy.