Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My transmission feels like it is sticking in gears and hard shifting it does this in all gears. I have had it bump twice really hard like I got rear ended. Dealership can't duplicate therefore can't diagnose. They say nothing is wrong with the transmission. Took it to get the oil changed today. They came and told me the tranny is leaking from the front seal. Could these issues have caused it to start leaking????

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto, especially in stop and go traffic, so I am interested in what you find out.

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like mine shifts a bit hard into second, however i think that it could be partially the 4.10 gear and the fact that the truck shifts out of first at like 5mph. I am just trying to beat on mine as much as possible so if failure occurs i am still under warranty.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only clunk I get in my trans is when im hoping in the truck and its not warmed up, and I put it into reverse it has alil clunk their.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have noticed if I don't come to a complete stop and it was going to shift in to first but decided it was time to shift into second other than that try the manual shifting in town to break the gears in let the rpm get up a bit. I hope for the tune to fix this

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular f-150's have these problems too. I think it has to do with Ford's transmission mapping. I heard aftermarket tunes fix most of the problems.

MackAttack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hocker52, yup! That was my sign. Big clunks between 1st and 2nd. Look at my thread. Now mine is in the dealer and they have no clue what is wrong. Friday they couldnt even drive it, today its fine. WTF? Something is going on here.

OP
OP
Hocker52

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Im still waiting to see what my dealer say about it. Will call them tomorrow and find out. Im sure it just didnt magically fix its self. Did they even open it up??