3rd Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Recon 3rd Brake Light for F-150s does not work properly on the Raptor. The wiring diagram is incorrect. The Raptor also has 3 extra LEDs. I'm sure you can get it to work by monkeying around with wiring combinations. But if you want the 3 stock LEDs, dont bother.

I'm sure the product is great for standard F-150s.

UPDATE: I'm gonna figure it out and post the solution up here when I do. That way if someone wants to use the lights, they at least dont get as pissed as I did... :)

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with loosing the leds has been discussed here. If Recon had a Raptor specific 3rd. brake light I know that I would be buying one. The thought of having to figure out the wiring and splicing into some while dead ending others, and on top of loosing the 3 center leds, does not sound appealing to me. Let us know how you make out.

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it working. For anyone tempted to put this on here is the mapping...

Recon WHITE - BLACK from cargo plug (not the Brown)
Recon RED - RED from center plug
Recon BLACK - WHITE from center plug

Why WHITE is ground on that plug I will never know but whatever... :)

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick snapshot. The cargo light is pretty weak which I dont care about. The brake light is better than the stock unit. It's all LEDs.

Attachments

• Recon 3rd.jpg
    Recon 3rd.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 200

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks awesome but I still don't like the fact that you have to give up your center marker lights. I don't see why Recon can't make one specifically for the Raptor. It already has the leds, I don't think it would be difficult to do. I believe that the marker lights are a DOT reg. due to the width of the vehicle.:shrug:
Any chance you can get a picture with the brake lights on?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Quick snapshot. The cargo light is pretty weak which I dont care about. The brake light is better than the stock unit. It's all LEDs.

well shit, it does look good. had you considered just tinting the stock lens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts