Rigid Industries FTW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Probably only because M&R is fairly new here.

The light output between Rigid and M&R is almost the same.

The pricing for M&R is better than Rigid.

From what I've seen thus far, both M&R and Rigid have great customer service.

I think the big remaining factor is Longevity.....Rigid has been around for a long time...time will tell for M&R. :peace:

The Lumen Output is no were near the same, Not even the same ballpark

M&R 40" 7500 Lumens, Rigid 40" LED 15800

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you clarify this for us then ?

fo1u90.jpg

That's a shot from a current M&R Ebay Auction:
M&R 40" ELITE REFLECTORS LED LIGHT BAR Cheaper than Rigid Industries or vision X | eBay

Thats a completely different light bar.

If you look either on my site or on ebay. I have the normal M&R light bars and the Elite M&R bars. The M&R light bars have the same amount of LED's per inch as Rigid (40LED in 20" bar and 80LED in 40" bar). The Elites dont because of the reflectors they are housed in

The diffference between them is the projector size. In the Elite model, every led has its own large reflector and a projector lense right in front of every LED. Its assits in better optical distribution of the beam pattern. RESULTS IN LONGER OUTPUT REACH (check pics at end of post) Due to the size of the projectors the Elite 50" only has 60 LEDs, which results in less lumen output. Also the mounts are on the rail system on the bottom of the bar as oppose to sides.

Here is a thing to consider, If you hold up a HID bulb in pitch black place, it will be bright, But if you place it into a reflector housing and install it in a projector lense, you will get the beam further. Thats the best i can explain. If you have questions please ask.

Since its bulkier, I dont think anyone on here would put the The Elite bar on their roof. That is why i dont talk about it much. (check pics at end of post)

Also if you see the ebay link, the 40" Elite has 48*3W LED's while the 40" M&R has 80*3W LEDs. Thats where the difference in lumens comes in
IMG_0767.jpg

The 6" Elites are the same as 50" but smaller lengths, making them great hood mount lights
18W-7.jpg

ELITE402-1.jpg

144W-1.jpg

50EliteGMChevy3.jpg

cbf964f0.jpg

50elitebluetyrex.jpg

6Elite3.jpg

Hope this Shows the difference

Last edited:

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for clearing that up for me...I didn't realize there were different M&R bars.

I appreciate the info !

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to purchase some M&R lights until I found that they are made in China, sorry but that is a deal breaker for me and my USA made truck, I will spend the extra and go with Rigid

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you post on every thread that praises a vendor just to let everyone know you don't approve of their pricing or value?

No

How about if someone did that about the company you work for?

I own my company and I understand that this is a free enterprise system (for the record I charge the shit out of people cause I'm the best at what I do and there is no second choice)

In the future maybe you could start your own thread complaining about all the vendors that you think price their products too high

Agreed as long as we eliminate freedom of speech positive or negative.

"light"en up :birgits_tiredcoffee

Jeff

p/s Rigid's are really expensive through every supplier we have up here. They come with a "he is Canadian, please bend over and hold the counter tightly while we run to the back and get a case of condoms" surcharge.

BajaBronco

Reaction score
I love my Rigid lights. I wouldnt buy anything else. American made is were its at!! The OEM applications they have for the Raptors is awesome. Love my D2 Fog light kit and 50" on the roof. Never had a problem with one of my lights. :)

Also been hearing someone is making an A-pillar bracket thats bolts on the cowl piece by the windshield. and uses the duallys. You can never have enough light.

The new diffused lens is awesome. Just recently bought a pair of Dually diffused lights for backup/work lights on my tow rig and man are they bright. <ales it super easy when connecting to my trailer at night.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rigid's are the best, especially for the Raptor. No one even comes close to making something that will bolt right in like all the kits that Rigid makes.

All these companies trying to copy Rigid and knock them off won't last very long, that's all I will say..