Raptor service appointment gone bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that this is a life or death thing here, but I was extremely pissed to say the least. I just did the top perch mod on my '12 Tuxedo Black SCrew a week ago, so I made an appointment to have it in for an alignment at my local dealership this morning. I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend and the weather is going to be nice so I did a FULL exterior detail on my truck last night. I'm talking wax, fender wells cleaned and dressed, tires cleaned and dressed, the works. I was out till after 11pm last night finishing this up. So I drop it off at service this morning looking clean as ever and told them I would be back to pick it up at 12:15pm.

When I returned at 12:15 I went inside and did my paperwork and paid for my service and all as normally would be expected and all was great. But when I walked out to my truck parked on the lot........I guarantee I could have torn out someones spine with my bare hands and they wouldn't have felt it. The passenger side of the truck was covered in white mud!!!! All four fender wells and both running boards were white also. I cant even put in words how much it angered me that someone would disrespect their customer to do something like this.

I actually had another appointment to get the truck to for the windows to be tinted and was so upset, and was afraid of how I might handle the situation if walked back inside, that I just got in the truck and left for the other appointment. Once I gained my composure and could handle myself with integrity I made a phone call to the service writer. After I explained the situation to him the first words out of his mouth were, "Well, we do have a gravel parking lot and there are probably some puddles around here". I commenced to inform him that this is not how you treat a customers car under any circumstance much less when you can clearly see that the vehicle is SPOTLESS and is BLACK for crying out loud. He responded by saying, "well, all I can do at this point is apologize and if you want you can bring it back by and we can RINSE it off for you". I told him that it would never be back on his lot for anything else and don't worry about the "RINSE" I would handle that myself.

I just can't believe the lack of respect people would have for someone else' property, much less a PAYING customer. I mean seriously. The sheer laziness to not inspect the customers vehicle yourself as a service writer or as a technician for that matter. I used to work in a service department and I sure as hell never let a vehicle that I worked on leave dirtier than when it came in. That's just absurd in my mind. All it conveys to your customer is that you don't give two ***** about them and all you want is their money.

I'm sorry for the rant, I just can't believe that this is how anyone would want to be treated.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that this is a life or death thing here, but I was extremely pissed to say the least. I just did the top perch mod on my '12 Tuxedo Black SCrew a week ago, so I made an appointment to have it in for an alignment at my local dealership this morning. I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend and the weather is going to be nice so I did a FULL exterior detail on my truck last night. I'm talking wax, fender wells cleaned and dressed, tires cleaned and dressed, the works. I was out till after 11pm last night finishing this up. So I drop it off at service this morning looking clean as ever and told them I would be back to pick it up at 12:15pm.

When I returned at 12:15 I went inside and did my paperwork and paid for my service and all as normally would be expected and all was great. But when I walked out to my truck parked on the lot........I guarantee I could have torn out someones spine with my bare hands and they wouldn't have felt it. The passenger side of the truck was covered in white mud!!!! All four fender wells and both running boards were white also. I cant even put in words how much it angered me that someone would disrespect their customer to do something like this.

I actually had another appointment to get the truck to for the windows to be tinted and was so upset, and was afraid of how I might handle the situation if walked back inside, that I just got in the truck and left for the other appointment. Once I gained my composure and could handle myself with integrity I made a phone call to the service writer. After I explained the situation to him the first words out of his mouth were, "Well, we do have a gravel parking lot and there are probably some puddles around here". I commenced to inform him that this is not how you treat a customers car under any circumstance much less when you can clearly see that the vehicle is SPOTLESS and is BLACK for crying out loud. He responded by saying, "well, all I can do at this point is apologize and if you want you can bring it back by and we can RINSE it off for you". I told him that it would never be back on his lot for anything else and don't worry about the "RINSE" I would handle that myself.

I just can't believe the lack of respect people would have for someone else' property, much less a PAYING customer. I mean seriously. The sheer laziness to not inspect the customers vehicle yourself as a service writer or as a technician for that matter. I used to work in a service department and I sure as hell never let a vehicle that I worked on leave dirtier than when it came in. That's just absurd in my mind. All it conveys to your customer is that you don't give two ***** about them and all you want is their money.

I'm sorry for the rant, I just can't believe that this is how anyone would want to be treated.

Dont leave it at that. Find the owner and send a letter to him... I went through a unbelievable ****** experience with the order of my truck at the former Winchester Ford and is now Malloy Ford. A long story short, I had to email a friend(Dearborn Assembly Plant Manager) and get my truck ordered from him directly because of the idiots at the dealership... I sent letters to all I could find about the dealership... Not saying that I had anything to do with the firing of the salesman, the sales manager and the finance manager or the forced sale of the dealership but I sure would like to think that... ha ha ha

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call the dealership back and ask to speak to a manager or owner. Explain that you will be calling Ford customer service, that you will tell what happened, that you don't expect any sort of compensation but that this dealer's behavior has caused you to doubt supporting Ford in any future services, parts or vehicles you may purchase in the future.

I'd be shocked if they took your complaint nearly as lightly as your ******* service writer did. And if they do, follow through and call Ford. They need this sort of feedback.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
That sucks. My dealership washes my truck every time I bring it in, whether they actually do work or not.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with my Wife's Volvo. The issues I had were with the sales manager we bought the car from. His sales person assured me that we had 15 days to find any issues with the car and they would fix them for us. When i went in 7 days later with a list of items to have fixed this manager refused to help me. I showed him where the sales person had agreed to fix anything for 15 days in the contract in writing. At this point he had no choice but to fix all the issues with the car (most were minor $25 things). He was completely rude and unprofessional about the whole thing. I called VolvoCars USA and filed a formal complaint about him. They were very disappointed to hear about this guy giving Volvo a bad name. They ended up giving me an extended warranty on the car for free and having that ******* apologize to my wife and I in person at our home 50+ miles away!

Point is... make sure you let Ford know that the service writer is giving them and SVT a bad name.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it is the Klement dealership in Decatur, I'm picking up my Scab from the owner tomorrow. If you want me to, I'll be happy to print out this thread and hand it to him.

I've only dealt with him through a mutual friend, but so far everything he's promised he's delivered, including a 9 week order to delivery timeframe.

let me know.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
remember these guys live and die with the followup service reports, Ford takes this stuff seriously! dealers get docked with poor scores. contact them.

OP
OP
Jackemuphigh21

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is the Klement dealership in Decatur, I'm picking up my Scab from the owner tomorrow. If you want me to, I'll be happy to print out this thread and hand it to him.

I've only dealt with him through a mutual friend, but so far everything he's promised he's delivered, including a 9 week order to delivery timeframe.

let me know.

That would actually not be a bad thing in my opinion. I didn't buy from them because I found this on another lot but had intended on having service work done here but after this it would take some convincing to deal with these guys again. I know you get a bad egg here and there but this wasn't the fault of one person alone. And it sure made me question the integrity of the ENTIRE dealership in all areas. I usually like to keep my business local but after this I'm very swayed to want to drive an hour to deal with a dealership that treats me with respect as a customer.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I am sill going to follow up with this in different avenues and will for sure get the point across whether it be with the help of the dealership themselves or not. Ford will for sure hear that someone is hurting their reputation. The Raptor is my first Ford truck and have been pleased with it but it doesn't make me want to jump to buy my wife a new Ford or recommend them to all of my friends that's for sure

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

How's it drive, now? Did they re-aim the headlights?

It drives fine. They only did alignment. They are not an above and beyond dealership by any means.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Dont leave it at that. Find the owner and send a letter to him... I went through a unbelievable ****** experience with the order of my truck at the former Winchester Ford and is now Malloy Ford. A long story short, I had to email a friend(Dearborn Assembly Plant Manager) and get my truck ordered from him directly because of the idiots at the dealership... I sent letters to all I could find about the dealership... Not saying that I had anything to do with the firing of the salesman, the sales manager and the finance manager or the forced sale of the dealership but I sure would like to think that... ha ha ha

I had the same thing with my order. Basically had to call someone at the Dearborn plant and take care of my order myself.
Dealership could give a shit. Wife and I ended up sending CEO Alan Mulally a personal e-mail complaining about the dealership and order. Lets just say they don't like us too much.