Dust Dust Dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, again King of the Hammers last Friday was a grip of fun. The dust was harsh though. Every breath constituted dust build-up on your tongue and throat. But that's what us crazies call consider fun.

Attachments

• KOH 2012 004.jpg
    KOH 2012 004.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 69
  • KOH 2012 005.jpg
    KOH 2012 005.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 71

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, again King of the Hammers last Friday was a grip of fun. The dust was harsh though. Every breath constituted dust build-up on your tongue and throat. But that's what us crazies call consider fun.

I'm sure it was a great time. I wonder how many people get Valley Fever from breathing in that dust? Seriously, Valley Fever is a real problem and you'd (we'd) all be wise to avoid breating in that dust.

MYTH: If I wear a bandanna or dust mask it will protect me from contracting Valley Fever.

FACT: The microscopic spores that cause Valley Fever are approximately the same size as the spores that cause anthrax. They can slip through the tiny holes in a bandanna or a standard dust mask like marbles can pass through a fishing net. A respirator that prevents the inhalation of particles 2-4 micrometers in size may help. Ordinary N95 or N100 respirators are often sold as paper masks and will almost certainly let spores through the sides since they can't form a perfect seal around the face. Miner's masks (or other masks with a complete seal and protection against 2-4 micrometer particles) can provide the needed protection. Also, facial hair prevents the seal that is necessary for the effectiveness of many masks.

Above is from: www.valleyfeversurvivor.com - Misconceptions about Valley Fever

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy crap, that is seriously dusty... I debated going, but I've got a nasty cold, so thank god I didn't!!!

That Valley Fever talk is scary!

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gotta rise above it and climb hills like I did. That was the only escape.