iPhone and Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Marine on Land

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe there's an update out there Marine?

No update, look at the date etc of the chat. I am up to date and that is from a rep at SYNC. I did as Bob suggested. It will work for a bit. The thing is all of the bugs.

While and Android might work fine the point of this post was more for those that are having issues with a phone they have and might have issues with to know that there is indeed not much to be done. Suffer and move on instead of taking it to the dealer or whatever. Not to point out that Andriod is better or worse. Personally, I don't care about the Android I have an iPhone, poop or not, it is what I have.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why make the point that "this is typical of Microsoft"? Sounds to me that only iPhones have this issue. Androids do not as I'm sure Windows Mobile/Phone 7 don't as well. The iPhone is the only recurring factor in this problem. I've not had any issues except one with my Android/Sync and that is text over Bluetooth but that is not Microsoft's problem, it's Androids problem since they have not incorporated the Bluetooth MAP profile. But I properly researched the problem instead of blaming Microsoft. So, what I think Humvee21 is trying to say is - maybe you should contact Apple about this problem as well or wait for iphone to make a car. Microsoft has (actually) revolutionized the way we interact with our cars and I'm thankful. Just trying to help. We know you guys love your phones but every time it doesn't act properly, it's Microsoft's fault.

rook247

Reaction score
I hate how if I play pandora through the USB on my iPhone and I go to change categories it kicks off the USB and goes to sync line in. And have to go reselect source and sometimes in won't even let me choose USB again. Itll say no music files. So I unplug and plug back in the phone and that'll work only some of the time. Royal pita

HFord57

Reaction score
This is not a SYNC issue, your phone is probably the problem.... see my website for more details or contact me directly. You need to power down your phone and reboot. You need to power down and reboot your truck (once again, email me for more instructions or see my website at Ford Tech Lane - Driving you on the fastlane of vehicle technology) , do a clean repair... Here are some hints on using the iPhone with your Sync-equipped Ford Raptor or F-Series. Just wanted everyone to know that you have to do a "clean pairing." Delete your old iPhone (or whatever you had) from the BT device list on your truck's Phone Menu. See my website for more instructions on this. Then go to the truck's Phone Menu, Add Bluetooth Device (or Add Phone). Push OK to begin pairing and the Sync system will display a 6-digit PIN number. Go to your iPhone, to the Settings folder, select General, select Bluetooth, be sure to turn Bluetooth ON. The phone will begin searching for Sync and in a few seconds it will display a bar with the word "Sync" on it. Touch the bar and in a moment a second screen will appear. Enter the 6-digit PIN from the Sync system. Push the blue "Pair" button on your phone. In a few moments Sync will begin speaking. Be sure to push OK to active 911 Assist. Push )K to make your phone the Primary Phone. Download Phone Book? push OK, then push OK to begin Downloading the phone book. This will take a few moments and then it should all be finished. There is NOT a Sync update at this point. None is needed. Apple still does not use the MAP protocol for the Ford Sync voice-to-text messaging. However, push the "Home" button on your iPhone 4S or 5 and in a couple of seconds you will hear "Siri" speak over the truck speakers. Then just say "Read Text Messages." She will read unread messages to you. Ask her to "Send Text Messages" and she will begin asking a series of questions to assist you. When you are finished with Siri, just push and hold down the "Phone" icon on your steering wheel for about five seconds. The dash screen will display call ended and Siri will be closed down until you need her again.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
I paired and repaired and deleted my phone several times today. Can't play no music no how no matter what. Paired um up with the PIN code. Truck shows music playing with the clock, no sound though. Plugged in the USB, no music. Switched to radio and it works, CD works too. No bluetooth, no USB. No pandora, no iPhone playlist.

Stations ain't clear either. Who makes a DOUBLE DIN SCREEN that works with this system and can show the rear view camera?

Iphone worked fine with my after market Pioneer. Never had such problems. Hope to get the new Galaxy s IV soon but also want a new head unit. I want to use my reverse camera with an aftermarket head unit, who makes one?