iPhone and Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been beat to death, but....I am still aggravated and got word from the horses mouth today.
Although I found another thread that mentions something about fixing this about six months ago. I smell smoke, and it might be coming out of my ass! Hmmm, sweet sweet smoke!

To all who have had issues with the iPhone and the sync system: I contacted sync through a chat on syncmyride.com based on issues with making a calls and sync switching to privacy mode.
The system will not let me talk to whomever I was calling. It connects, but no voice over the speaker either on phone of through sync.
It has only been fixed for me, by shutting off my phone and the truck (and opening the door to close out the radio/sync system) and then restarting. Oh yeah hoping for the best, cuz, it doesn't always work.
Now that being said, below is the conversation with the rep at Sync.
Hopefully, the frustrating link will be diminished soon as he said.f343e23c.jpg

Last edited:

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find the sync fuse at the kick panel on the passenger side. Get to know this fuse very well. Any time my system acts, I just pull this thing and it all returns to normal. Everything else becomes futile, but this has fixed my issues 100% of the time. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Marine on Land

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is all very typical Microsoft. With regards to the stoppage of play, cycle through the different inputs and that might kick it in the nuts enough to make it find sound, or push play/ pause. Sometimes that works for me!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my iPhone 4 works fine. My only complaints are that mobile apps don't seem to work via Bluetooth - only streaming Bluetooth Audio, so you don't get all the gizmos. Plugging it in via the USB lets everything (Pandora, iPod) work.

The phone itself has always worked since I paired it at the dealership. I'm still not used to my truck ringing though. This is a 2012.