RPG Stage 2 kit installed **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over 70 thousand miles on and off road and zero bent frame issues using stock springs, shocks and tires with a lightly loaded bed. However, a good bump stop upgrade would be a great mod and RPG looks like one of the best to me...peace of mind and of course pay-to-play. One question I have though is with the stock set-up the bump stop hits the strike pad inside of the spring pack closer to the axle center and with the aftermarket it is far outside of the spring pack towards the end of the axle-has anyone looked into the possibility that the increased leverage could cause additional stress on the axle housing resulting in leaks/bends or is it a non issue?

The RPG kit reduces the leverage, or distance from the axle housing ends. The stock set up creates more leverage but the frame will bend before the axle housing.

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was not clear-I was referring to the axle tube/pumpkin end of things. Years ago I split the rear pumpkin on a GM 12-bolt on my Blazer after a couple of small jumps...also the frame bent in the front and creased the sheet metal on both front fenders.

OP
OP
whisler151

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I was not clear-I was referring to the axle tube/pumpkin end of things. Years ago I split the rear pumpkin on a GM 12-bolt on my Blazer after a couple of small jumps...also the frame bent in the front and creased the sheet metal on both front fenders.

Non issue on the Raptor.