RPG Stage 2 kit installed **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whisler151

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks like a pretty nice kit , I didn't see a spare tire in your pics ,does the spare tire need to be removed when installing this kit >?

Thanks, I didn't notice that. It does look like they dropped the spare tire for instal. Not sure if it is necessary or if it just makes it easier.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. I should be dropping my truck off next week. The backordered Rigid bar beat my ADD Bumper lol.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great whisler!

I can help with a couple of the comments/questions:
-Definitely go with whatever RPG says, but if I'm you I pull off those OEM bumpstops immediately. They will prevent those beautiful Fox air bumps from doing their job. They serve no purpose now and if anything, are only going to get in the way.

You can pull 'em easily enough. If I remember right there's one center 13mm bolt accessible from the stop's bottom. Grab a socket and a wrench and be rid of those things!

-The spare tire doesn't need to drop for install. I don't recall it being in the way at all.

Any plans to play with the pressure in the Fox's? I've left mine at 200psi, but I haven't been off road yet either to see if I like them there or not.

OP
OP
whisler151

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll want the OEM bumpstop off.

Thanks, Jarrett just let me know that. :waytogo:

Looks good man. I should be dropping my truck off next week. The backordered Rigid bar beat my ADD Bumper lol.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your bumper.

Looks great whisler!

I can help with a couple of the comments/questions:
-Definitely go with whatever RPG says, but if I'm you I pull off those OEM bumpstops immediately. They will prevent those beautiful Fox air bumps from doing their job. They serve no purpose now and if anything, are only going to get in the way.

You can pull 'em easily enough. If I remember right there's one center 13mm bolt accessible from the stop's bottom. Grab a socket and a wrench and be rid of those things!

-The spare tire doesn't need to drop for install. I don't recall it being in the way at all.

Any plans to play with the pressure in the Fox's? I've left mine at 200psi, but I haven't been off road yet either to see if I like them there or not.

Thanks. Yeah, i'll be taking the stock ones off asap. Also, what is the benefit of dropping the psi and how does one do that? My truck is driven on pavement 99.9% of the time.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Got my stage 3 kit Tuesday, just waitin for some time to do it.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, i'll be taking the stock ones off asap. Also, what is the benefit of dropping the psi and how does one do that? My truck is driven on pavement 99.9% of the time.
As I understand it, the more air pressure in the air bump, the harder the thing is going to push back. So if you're in the dirt haulin ass and you hit something hard, you want that air stop to fight just as hard against the incoming axle, slowing it down as fast as possible. The higher psi absorbs more incoming energy, basically.

On the other hand, the higher psi also means that you might feel it hit over normal road bumps as the axle moves, right? Its trying to resist that movement...

RPG said that some guys have found that they like a softer feel around town, and that those guys end up dropping down to around 100 or 120psi. Then, when they hit the dirt they'll pump back up to 200psi (using only nitrogen! Don't use normal compressed air).

I've left mine alone for now. I don't have a high PSI gague and I don't have a nitrogen tank that will fill them back up. So 200 it is for now.

PS: Ya see that O-ring on the shaft of the air bump? Move/roll it all the way up. Now go out and put your truck thru your normal daily driver paces. Did that O-ring move? That's there to help you see how much of the bump you're using. In theory, you'd want that ring to never be at the bottom of the shaft, but maybe like 1/2" off? You can play with the air pressure so that that's where it ends up after you take the hardest bump you ever plan to take. You can do this for both on and off road situations, and then you have you're two PSIs to use.

Hope that makes sense.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Once again my man Big J is on the job.

To back up what he said./

1. Factory jounce bump goes bye-bye.
2. You do not need to remove the spare tire or bed to install.
3. A good mechanic can do a stage two in a few hours if they have done the install before.

Try not to start messing with pressures. If you don't have access to the right gauge, nitrogen bottle ect... You really shouldn't play with them.
Also, if for whatever reason you lower the pressure, you HAVE to use nitrogen to refill NOT air.

Whisler is all good now and ready to beat that thing up....

OP
OP
whisler151

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope that makes sense.

It does, thanks!

Once again my man Big J is on the job.

To back up what he said./

1. Factory jounce bump goes bye-bye.
2. You do not need to remove the spare tire or bed to install.
3. A good mechanic can do a stage two in a few hours if they have done the install before.

Try not to start messing with pressures. If you don't have access to the right gauge, nitrogen bottle ect... You really shouldn't play with them.
Also, if for whatever reason you lower the pressure, you HAVE to use nitrogen to refill NOT air.

Whisler is all good now and ready to beat that thing up....

I'm all good now...thanks.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I picked up my stage 2 from Tejas yesterday. Cant wait to get my springs and get it all installed. The quality of the fab work is flawless!