Lowering the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear blocks from Ready Lift arrived today. They come very nicely boxed, and look great. Since its a balmy 70 degrees out tonight, I decided to throw them on the Raptor. It took about an hour, it's a straight forward job. The contact pad on the Ready Lift blocks are a bit narrower than the stock blocks, but judging by the bumpstop contact marks left on the stock blocks, they don't need to be that wide anyhow. I took the Raptor for a spin, no vibration under acceleration, deceleration, or at cruising up to 75mph. The ride feels like stock as well. The truck looks great! To dark for pics tonight, but I'll post some tomorrow. So far, I'm very happy with this product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck still sits slightly higher in the rear, but I think it looks good. The distance from the bumpstop to the strike pad is within .25" of stock, and the blocks gave me 1.25" of drop.

Attachments

• IMG_3185.jpg
    IMG_3185.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3184.jpg
    IMG_3184.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
For those interested in doing this, just know that by lowering the rear you are reducing your suspension's up travel. In other words, reducing the space between your bump stop and the axle. This gives the shocks less time/space to slow the axle down as it heads towards the bump stops. I'm glad to hear that your only losing 1/4"!

Canoe,
Out of curiosity what was the total measurement from the bump to the axle?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the bump travel remains relatively the same, the axle is moved up. This raises the shock up a bit more in its travel. The up travel on my truck now is 3.5", about .25" less up travel before the modification.
On the factory block, the bumpstop is 3/8" lower than the top of the block. On The Ready Lift blocks, the bumpstop is nearly level with the top of the block, that's where the .25" of up travel is lost. Here is a pic of the factory block. I measures it at 1.5" to show how the difference.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328038502.419780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328038502.419780.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,013
OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a small pic, this one should be bigger.
62701bfb-424a-6061.jpg

vext

Reaction score
How much do you think it lowered the truck overall? I have a similar problem. I want a raptor but it will not fit in either home or work garage. kniwing the final height would help!

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very awesome addition to those that want to add a leaf to stop wheel hop , but don't want the 2 inches of lift associated

I'm seriously thinking of ordering these next week to drop mine down level...with the top perch in front :)

Jeff

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ready Lift blocks lowered my Raptor 1.25". I have 5000 miles on them now, including off road miles at the Parker 425 and Mint 400.
I really like them and have had no problems with them what so ever.