More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e20168e578947b970c-800wi.jpg

Ford’s unveiling of the Fusion took center stage, so Ford trucks were scarce. (We assume they bring in the Super Dutys for consumer days.) In fact, we found only two pickup trucks in the entire display: one Raptor on lift display and an F-150 with a huge Motor Trend Truck of the Year Award in the bed. Interestingly, the Raptor lift had a kiosk where attendees (journalists and consumers) could cast a vote as to which engine is more appealing in the Raptor: the EcoBoost or V-8. No doubt Ford is collecting data to see if there is a business case for putting the smaller V-6 in the Raptor. We’re guessing Ford will figure out it could sell plenty of Raptors with the twin-turbo V-6. And the fact that Ford is asking the question leads us to believe it has already decided. Anyone recognize the gentleman at the far right?

2012 NAIAS: Coverage Closeout - PickupTrucks.com News

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i first ordered my truck i would of loved the EcoBoost in it but the more and more i think about it the less i like the idea i just not no if i can handle hearing the turbos spooled up trying to move this heavy truck i would also make the argument that svt is all about performance so it needs the v8 but i hear the v6 great acceleration and its lighter

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when i first ordered my truck i would of loved the EcoBoost in it but the more and more i think about it the less i like the idea i just not no if i can handle hearing the turbos spooled up trying to move this heavy truck i would also make the argument that svt is all about performance so it needs the v8 but i hear the v6 great acceleration and its lighter

The best performing truck in Ford's F-150 lineup is reportedly the one with the EcoBoost motor. Even better than the 6.2 in terms of 0-60.

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd rather see the 5.0 tuned up a tad and dropped in their.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd rather see the 5.0 tuned up a tad and dropped in their.

I'm gonna change your username to "EcoBoost" once this thing comes out. :evillol:

My brother would like to buy an EcoBoost Rap, I think I'll stick with the V8.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna change your username to "EcoBoost" once this thing comes out. :evillol:

My brother would like to buy an EcoBoost Rap, I think I'll stick with the V8.

Not I... If the eco-boost come out im going for one... You can change my name to eco-boost>6.2 if ya want LOL

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not I... If the eco-boost come out im going for one... You can change my name to eco-boost>6.2 if ya want LOL

Nah, you're the perennial Hockster.

There is definitely enough interest in the market to justify an EcoBoost Raptor.
I think Ford would be wise to offer that engine in the Rap, they'd sell.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e20168e578947b970c-800wi.jpg

Ford’s unveiling of the Fusion took center stage, so Ford trucks were scarce. (We assume they bring in the Super Dutys for consumer days.) In fact, we found only two pickup trucks in the entire display: one Raptor on lift display and an F-150 with a huge Motor Trend Truck of the Year Award in the bed. Interestingly, the Raptor lift had a kiosk where attendees (journalists and consumers) could cast a vote as to which engine is more appealing in the Raptor: the EcoBoost or V-8. No doubt Ford is collecting data to see if there is a business case for putting the smaller V-6 in the Raptor. We’re guessing Ford will figure out it could sell plenty of Raptors with the twin-turbo V-6. And the fact that Ford is asking the question leads us to believe it has already decided. Anyone recognize the gentleman at the far right?

2012 NAIAS: Coverage Closeout - PickupTrucks.com News

That looks like Mike Lavine the guy at the far right...

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
If they launch a 2013 EB Raptor, count me in. I would have to imagine that Ford leaves some power on the table in the current platform... so if they did put it in the Rap, I would think we will see higher power #'s.