unbelievable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryun-o

Reaction score
I got word from my Uncle (who works at a Ford dealership) that v6 motors are being built right now and the 6.2L will be next in line. I ordered my Supercrew at the beginning of this month, but was told that I would not get my Raptor till March or April. Has anybody else heard that?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i have not heard this. so you're saying that they will not be building 6.2 engines right now?

OP
OP
R

Ryun-o

Reaction score
Thats what my Uncle is telling me or maybe he is teasing me as he has been known to do...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thats what my Uncle is telling me or maybe he is teasing me as he has been known to do...

he might be teasing you. however, there is/was a hold on Raptor builds right now because of an issue with the new Body Control Module being a possible fire hazard. Even if he is correct, speculating when a truck will be delivered is nearly impossible.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got word from my Uncle (who works at a Ford dealership) that v6 motors are being built right now and the 6.2L will be next in line. I ordered my Supercrew at the beginning of this month, but was told that I would not get my Raptor till March or April. Has anybody else heard that?

I will make some calls tomorrow and see what is happening..

Lead Foot

Reaction score
I Wonder if the V6 motors are EB Motors ?

Tell them to throw one in your truck and send it on :~)

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's NO HOLD on building Raptors. The BCM issue is done with. Some of the trucks built during NOV 2010 are still waiting to be shipped out of Dearborn, but Ford is pulling and Vin'ing Raptors every week now. I had a 2011 SC Raptor built on Jan 3rd and it shipped on Jan 5th. (no decals, those trucks go to another location to get hood and side graphics installed. this takes a couple extra days)

randy

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

10-12 weeks is about right time frame for a normal 2011 Raptor order.

randy

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
There's NO HOLD on building Raptors. The BCM issue is done with. Some of the trucks built during NOV 2010 are still waiting to be shipped out of Dearborn, but Ford is pulling and Vin'ing Raptors every week now. I had a 2011 SC Raptor built on Jan 3rd and it shipped on Jan 5th. (no decals, those trucks go to another location to get hood and side graphics installed. this takes a couple extra days)

randy

This is great news! That means that my truck should ship any day now.