Cold Air Intake Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
We run the Volant Powercore CAI. BEst bang for your buck IMHO. 100,000 mile warranty on the filter itself, dry paper element, Donaldson filter (same as a UMP). We have been running this intake in all of our company trucks, as well as most customers, with ZERO issues. Ive had a few customers with issues from their AFE intake though.

I got my Volant NEW for $288

BMWBig6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the AFE/5 Star Tuning combo but retained the factory air box.

Why did you decide to do this? For aesthetics? or to not tip off the dealer? Do you still get the same sound and gains with this kind of setup?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wht let me warn you. I have to Volant intake as well. My truck is in the shop because the vent hose for the for the crank case will collapse under pressure. It will make a strange whine. I will be looking to upgrade it to a steel line.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any more pictures of this installed in your truck? How has it changed the sound (and/or performance or drivability, if at all)?

I'll try to take a few pics. The sound it adds in the cabin is great. You can really hear the motor growl at 3000rpm and up. Granted, my exhaust is really loud, so the intake growl may start earlier...I just cant hear it over the exhaust.

Regarding performance, I cant say I noticed anything, its more for the sound than anything. My MPG has gone up from 12.7 to 13.1 on back to back tanks. lol

Overall I'm very happy with it and would do it again.