Method Wheels Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... I'm having a ridiculous time with the lug nuts on my Split Sixes..

Nobody told me when I purchased these the the stock lugs wouldn't work.. something you think someone might have had the sense to say a month ago when I bought them.. that annoyance aside, I was told a 14x2 medium, open end acorn lug would fit.. so I ordered up 24 and lo and behold, they don't.

The issue is the face of the lug not fitting properly, it just wont seat correctly.

So now im reaching out here... anyone have any insight.. I'm going on my fifth hour sitting at the Goodyear shop and getting VERY annoyed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

~BGM

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that really sux, let us know how you get it alleviated.

They ended up finding some spline lug nuts that worked however they're slightly too long so the caps don't fit. Not the end of the world and I'll drive them like this until I get this worked out. Swapping lugs isn't all that difficult or time consuming, just annoying.

Needless to say me and Method will be having a discussion come Monday.

Other than this, the truck looks awesome and I'm having a blast.

Waiting on the wife and kids at the airport so the day is about to get much better!

~BGM

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of gorilla lug nuts. Narrow 14x2. I can't remember the part number but I'll look it up and post it.

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of gorilla lug nuts. Narrow 14x2. I can't remember the part number but I'll look it up and post it.

That would be great, thanks Treypal.

The wheels actually don't look all that bad with the caps off but I'd like to be able to put them on to finish them off so I need something different.

~BGM

Reaction score
If the spline closed lug nuts are too long for the center caps you can get 14x2 open end spline lug nuts so your cap can fit.