Has anyone cut the inside of their front fender wells ? Could use some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running middle perch , Pro comp 9047-7936, Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar. I am still getting some rub on the inboard side of each front fender well . This is do to the rim back spacing and off set being different then stock. It only happens when suspension is working a little and I am almost at full turn . It does not rub that much or that often , however it will be enough to rip the fender flares off if I do this at speed . When I went to middle perch my alignment adjustments are maxed out on one of the adjustment points , and I do not want to get a San Diego rake going . I like it the way it is . This leaves me one choice or limited choices. I am considering cutting the inboard fender wells and could use some help if anyone has some advice . Or was wondering if anyone has done this . I searched the site and could not come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.

getlucky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my mt/r's the tire shop just used a small razor and trimmed some plastic off the inner fender, but still rubbed on full lock. Now in the middle perch and no rubbing. yet

OP
OP
DEADEYE

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys . The challange is the metal behind the plastic fender well. Outlaw Raptor was nice enough to PM me and they are checking on mods to help those of us out in this situation.
Great Vendor support , thank Outlaw .

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
The wheels I put on mine rub while turning. I have the middle perch and am still having issues. I decided I'm going back to lower perch and I ordered daystar 2in leveling kit which should set me right between middle and top perch height. I am hoping this will help. I will exhaust all other options before I cut into this vehicle, but that is just me.