Retrax pro MX noise - myth or truth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried to read anything I could find on these covers, but found nothing definitive on the slats making noise while driving on or off-road. Does the cover rattle or make other noises because of the multi panel design? Hoping not.

Lasercat

Reaction score
Have had that cover on my Raptor for a year and a half now. Makes no noise and is very sturdy. Matte finish looks as good as the day I installed it.

Curious as to how much off-road driving you do? I've had my eye on that cover as well (actually bought it from Amazon a few months back, but they couldn't figure out how to fulfill a shipment that contains two boxes and eventually had to return two covers and zero rails to them, but that's another story) but I do a lot of offroad and want to be sure it holds up.

OP
OP
IDontDoUrban

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll let you know how it works off road. Now I’m nervous about Amazon pulling thru. I would have purchased through an FRF sponsor but I need to receive it ASAP for an upcoming trip.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine through FordRaptorLights.com and had absolutely no issues with shipping. I have no noise at all. I do not go off roading, but do like to hit speed bumps as fast as I can.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have not had any complaints about noise on the Retrax covers. And we can usually get them delivered in 1-2 days depending on your location!

Lasercat

Reaction score
I’ll let you know how it works off road. Now I’m nervous about Amazon pulling thru. I would have purchased through an FRF sponsor but I need to receive it ASAP for an upcoming trip.

I only ordered it from Amazon because it was listed for $1530 at the time. When it arrived, there was only one box containing only the cover, no mounting rails. Here's what happened next:

1. I called Amazon and they said that UPS had both boxes, even though there was only one tracking number.
2. I called UPS, they said they only picked up one box from Amazon and that if there was a second box, there would have been a second tracking number.
3. I called Amazon again and they said that I had to wait for 48 hours to see if the second box would arrive.
4. I waited 48 hours and called Amazon again. They ordered me a second unit with the instructions that I would keep the second box from the second order and return the extra box.
5. UPS showed up a few days later with only one box, the same one I already had. I refused the shipment.
6. I called Amazon back, this time with photo evidence from the install manual that proved there were supposed to be two boxes. Amazon said there was nothing they could do except have me return the original shipment and refund my money.
7. I hauled the original box to the UPS store and shipped it back.
8. Four days later, both the refused shipment and the return showed as delivered to Amazon, but no refund. Amazon site said refund can take up to 7 days.
9. Seven days later, still no refund. Called Amazon, rep reviewed my previous calls and issued the refund immediately.

So yeah, I hope you have better luck than I did.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It rattles a bit. I've had one for six years - just replaced the older one with the new matte one.
I've also had it jump the rails. Keep on eye on everything and make sure it's tight. Hard off-roading does eventually loosen things up on it (and presumably anything).

Overall I'm fine with it though.