Washing your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volfan615

Reaction score
How is everyone washing the roof, hood, windshield, etc? I'm using a 6' step ladder that I have and just moving it around as I go. Is there an easier way?

Dragonta2z

Reaction score
I use a step ladder as well as a foam sprayer. Works awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the hood and windshield, I step up on the running board and then to the front tire. I do not wash the roof every time, but when I do, I get as much as I can from the bed and the front door sills. (i.e. No ladder)

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a wash mitt made onto an extendable handle that I use for the front half of the roof and the windshield. I wash the back half of the roof standing in the bed and then while still standing in the bed, I wash the front half with the mitt on the extendable handle. It’s still tough to get the roof dried without a ladder though.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is everyone washing the roof, hood, windshield, etc? I'm using a 6' step ladder that I have and just moving it around as I go. Is there an easier way?

Sadly, no. I do use a 3' step ladder for the hood tho, and get as much of the roof as I can while standing in the bed.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a 3' step ladder, much easier to move around and store. Only section I need it for is the front middle of the roof, can get to the entire windshield standing on running boards and the rear from the bed.