Borla Woes - Any Advice on this Updated Cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, yes! If you get a catted header from SW. They will pass emissions testing. I also have had SW, and the sound is amazing. However, I found that moving from the 1-5/8” Borla tubes to SW 1-7/8” i lost significant low end torque. Which I did not like. But that rumble of SW! Wooo! Threw no codes that I can remember!

SW's mufflers are loud and with interior drone. On my Scab anyway. Removed the SW mufflers and installed longer Magnaflow's which are quieter and some less interior drone.

Steelhead

Reaction score
I had Borla S-Type Exhaust hooked into Headers. Drone was off the charts loud so I had to reconnect OEM resonator. Next time will put on a helmholtz resonator or J-pipe.

OP
OP
D

Deanwam8

Reaction score
I had Borla S-Type Exhaust hooked into Headers. Drone was off the charts loud so I had to reconnect OEM resonator. Next time will put on a helmholtz resonator or J-pipe.

Yes....my Borla system has some pretty significant drone for sure....since Im returning to stock manifolds/cats soon...I guess that will solve that haha...although Im keeping the S-Type exhaust..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steelhead

Reaction score
Yes....my Borla system has some pretty significant drone for sure....since Im returning to stock manifolds/cats soon...I guess that will solve that haha...although Im keeping the S-Type exhaust..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now, Im running the Borla exhaust from stock manifolds without resonator. Virtually no drone, but boy I do miss the rumble of headers. It is on my list of mods though.