Hi lift jack mount using Box Link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I purchased a set of these. While they do look nice they rattle/make a ton of noise. I notified the seller right after I put them on that they made a ton of noise and I was not completely happy with them. Having just recently had my first kid I didnt have a chance to contact him again until today (still within 30 days) and I asked to just return them. He refused even though I had notified him within hours of installing these. I had the same jack mounted in the back of my previous truck in the same place using high lift made mounts.

As you can imagine this can get a little annoying driving down the road.

https://youtu.be/BsklLn2ywUM

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe you could shim them with some rubber?

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could shim them with some rubber?

Yeah thought about that but the only way I can see that working would have been take the plate off the bed and shim behind it then install it at once piece which would make it way harder to remove in the future. If he tightened up his tolerances it would greatly reduce the slop. Also a set screw of some sort to apply some tension might resolve it but I have no idea how I would install something like that. It would be an easy change for him.

I reached out to him and he pretty much just told me its the jack not his mount and to pound sand its outside of his 14 day return policy even though I notified him I was not happy with them within hours of receiving them. Guess that just reminds me not to hope people will do the right thing.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the brackets and the same Hi Lift as you. Mine definitely does not rattle like you showed in the video. That has to be either manufacturing tolerance of the bed itself or the jack. If I remember right there is nothing on the jack that is machined so naturally you'd have to leave the tolerances on the loose side for the brackets since the spacing on the lugs of the hi-lift can vary tremendously.

Wonder if you could quiet it down by shimming it just on the jack end, not at the box link end?

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all in the bracket. I took another video with the jack removed I will post later. I was able to get paypal to force a refund. Guy made it a real pain in the ass though. These would rattle even when I closed the drivers door.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of jack were you using? I had a high lift extreme. I might have gotten the second batch or something.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as you, a high lift extreme.

You already got your money back but I wonder if there is an opportunity to loosen up the box link attachment plates, slide them closer together on your truck, and then check it again with the jack installed? I can't imagine the box link system has tolerances controlled as tightly as other body lines on the truck, as an example. My brackets were loose like yours, but when I bolted the jack up they were spread apart which stopped them from rattling.

There is certainly a lot of tolerance stackup opportunity, between the box link plates and the jack itself.

Attachments

• 36436403_10160460794060004_8713568244977369088_n.jpg
    36436403_10160460794060004_8713568244977369088_n.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone wanted to sell me one haha. I could mess around with the tolerances. I really like how the mount works

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk