Thoughts on this Sub Setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll have to dig out the stock sound deadening and mount it to the back wall. Even then, I think you’re going to have issues trying to close the seat. There is just NO clearance back there.

That being said.... I ran a kicker 8 with a 3” kenwood amp in a stock enclosure and it is what it is. It’s much louder than stock. It’s a bit muddy, partly due to the nature of amplifying a speaker level output and stock processing.

I have a stock enclosure, modified and wrapped in dynamat along with the kenwood amp and a full set of pioneer speakers for the DIY under 500 crowd that Id be willing to let go for shipping + a donation to charity.

:)

Looks like this would fit where the B&O sub is...anyone have experience with enclosures like this with a passive sub?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLW62BQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

OP
OP
N

nick71692

Reaction score
You’ll have to dig out the stock sound deadening and mount it to the back wall. Even then, I think you’re going to have issues trying to close the seat. There is just NO clearance back there.

That being said.... I ran a kicker 8 with a 3” kenwood amp in a stock enclosure and it is what it is. It’s much louder than stock. It’s a bit muddy, partly due to the nature of amplifying a speaker level output and stock processing.

I have a stock enclosure, modified and wrapped in dynamat along with the kenwood amp and a full set of pioneer speakers for the DIY under 500 crowd that Id be willing to let go for shipping + a donation to charity.

:)

Shoot me a PM i'd be interested...always up for donating to a good cause.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the raptors with the factory amp behind the seat and all the exact dimensions but........ there are guys with other f150 screws that have installed the 10" dual subwoofer behind the seat. So I'd assume that the dual 8" box is possible to install. I thought about installing that same box in my truck, but the stock b&o sub wrapped in sound deadening material is enough "for now."

here's the link to the f150 xlt install with the dual 10" subs.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/kicker-comprt-10-shallow-box-installed-2017-screw-xlt-377681/index2/