2018 Lobo Import Raptor losing coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timbozyd

Reaction score
Hi there ! I need help here in Germany, we just picked up our new 2018 Raptor imported from Mexiko. This special car is not available for the European market and we have no Raptor experts here...therefore I need you.

Having a coolant issue after driving 500 miles, the coolant tank was almost empty. Refilled and driven not so much but I have the feeling it is losing again coolant fluid. I saw today at the downpipe connection to main pipe some yellowish drips (no taste)...I am wondering if i am losing coolant via head or turbocharger? Is the orange coolant turning yellow when burned?

Also during ecceleration it seams to have missfire/swallows....Any idea from Raptor experts for me?

Sorry for my english....

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Option 1: Let the truck run parked for a while. Get it nice and warm. After some thermostat cycles, maybe a few healthy gas blips, you should show a leak or drip, steam, or something somewhere. If not then it may be losing through the motor.

Option 2: Any for dealer should also be able to diagnose. The Raptors cooling system is not unique. Basic 3.5 F-150 cooling system.

Note: Be careful when messing with a hot cooling system under pressure. Anything can happen.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New 2018 / 500mls is warranty (Gewährleistung), take it back to the dealer who sold it to you. They should solve the problem.

@Robtor310 & @smurfslayer
Unfortunately there are no (official) Ford dealers in EU who maintain F-150 (or whatever F-series truck), because Ford Europe does not import them. They do not have the necessary tools too.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do you mean the coolant overflow tank is almost empty, or the radiator is almost empty?

downpipes connection to main pipe - can you post pictures of where you see the fluid?

You can try coating some of the suspected area with baby powder, talcum powder or similar. It will show where fluid is dripping on to it.

OP
OP
T

timbozyd

Reaction score
Do you mean the coolant overflow tank is almost empty, or the radiator is almost empty?

downpipes connection to main pipe - can you post pictures of where you see the fluid?

You can try coating some of the suspected area with baby powder, talcum powder or similar. It will show where fluid is dripping on to it.

I will do some pictures of the downpipe link to the main pipe...dripping yellowish water...our import dealer is 350 miles away, but hopefully I found one here who is familiar with US cars and trucks...no smoke out of the exhaust....baby powder is a good idea I have enough of that ...having 3 child seats in the truck :))))

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not local you can perhaps try this dealer in the Netherlands. (Found on google. SHOCKING to see the Euro price of the Raptor!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
if you think that is shocking, you should try to imagine the fuel cost for the Raptor. Last I recall it was around $8.00 for 4 liters. So basically 2-3 x the cost for fuel. With a 36 gallon tanks, that’s...

well, let’s hope the fuel stations offer easy financing terms.