2019 Ford Ranger configurator with colors and options went live early

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to these coming out for a little daily. Up until I saw the pricing. Might as well get a f150 for what Ford wants for these. 2k difference in base price lariat between the two.

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2018/08/07/2019-ford-ranger-configurator/

Are you comparing the SuperCab? Based on the picture from the link it shows:

Ranger XL = $24,000
Ranger XLT = $27,940
Ranger Lariat = $32,210

On Ford.com they list the F-150 SuperCab for
XL = $31,790
XLT = $36,210
Lariat = $41,015

That's a pretty good difference in price.

Ford was aware of this leak so they must have removed the Ranger Configurator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it didn't take Ford long to take down the site and redirect to the fiesta. Trying to throw us off another week before it goes live.

Looking back more closely I guess I was looking at the 4x4 variant of the Ranger compared to the 4x2 f150.

Not knowing what all specs were selected, but 46,820 seems a bit obscene for a Ranger if you ask me.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I read, it was accidentally put up and some of the media managed to grab screen shots before it was taken back down. Not the first time I've seen stuff like this happen.

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet they did it "accidentally" to build more interest and buzz ahead of the official launch. Hell it worked on me.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through the configurator today, while it looks nice, I'm not rushing out to get one any time soon. I'd wait a couple of years and see what Ford adds to the offerings...disappointed there are so few choices for interior colors/materials, wheels, etc. hard to individualize for sure. Spec'd out a Magnetic Lariat Fx4 and if a beefier (black wheel/tire combo) was available, would go a long way towards it looking better. Have seen some great looking recent Tacoma's that look much better than the Ranger. Course Ford may just be waiting to bring over the Ranger Raptor...shame it has the huge RANGER stamped in the tailgate as well as the older style (thick) rear camera/blue oval set up. That takes me back to my 2009 Platinum style...