Bridgestone Dueller Revo 3’s - First Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

In the GEN1 supplement owners manual for the raptor it states it is REQUIRED to rotate every 5k miles. Does the GEN2 manual not say the same?

feb39b8faf6e8a9089e5ebe6dc0930e1.jpg

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the GEN1 supplement owners manual for the raptor it states it is REQUIRED to rotate every 5k miles. Does the GEN2 manual not say the same?

Gen 2 manual says rotate with every oil change, which under normal use is 10k miles.

Note: Your vehicle requires tire rotations every scheduled oil change. If you notice that the tires wear unevenly, have them checked.

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely doesn't have the square look the K02 has. Contact patch looks significantly reduced.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EDog

Reaction score
Could you give us an update on how the Revo 3s are working out for you? I’m seriously considering these for my F150 but am having a hard time pulling the trigger because in my vast and exhaustive research there are almost no legit reviews of Revo3s on any of the reliable sites you would expect. Trying to decide between these and the Continental Terrain Contact. The Continentals get awesome reviews but don’t have a very aggressive look. I much prefer the look of the BFG KO2s, but I’m spoiled by the smooth ride of my Lariat and not really interested in losing MPGs. ANY lasting impressions you have would be helpful for me and others out there who just want an honest full review! Looks? Ride? Traction?? Thank you in advance!!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you give us an update on how the Revo 3s are working out for you? I’m seriously considering these for my F150 but am having a hard time pulling the trigger because in my vast and exhaustive research there are almost no legit reviews of Revo3s on any of the reliable sites you would expect. Trying to decide between these and the Continental Terrain Contact. The Continentals get awesome reviews but don’t have a very aggressive look. I much prefer the look of the BFG KO2s, but I’m spoiled by the smooth ride of my Lariat and not really interested in losing MPGs. ANY lasting impressions you have would be helpful for me and others out there who just want an honest full review! Looks? Ride? Traction?? Thank you in advance!!

https://autoweek.com/article/products/bridgestone-keeps-it-rolling-three-new-tires

EDog

Reaction score

Yes, thank you, I’ve seen that article. That isn’t exactly what I meant. I mostly don’t trust any writer for a publication that largely depends on advertising from the company he is reviewing. Also, impressions after driving on a test course designed specifically by the tire manufacturer seem a little unseemly to me. No fault of the writer, but obviously the course was set up for the tire to succeed. What I’m really looking for is an honest, comprehensive review from someone who has diven on them in a variety of conditions over several months. I find it strange that there are only three reviews on TireRack and no reviews on other sites.... Despite all of that, I’m a gambling man. This tire appears to strike a balance between street performance and light off roading so I took a chance and ordered a set yesterday. I’ll let y’all know what I think.

OP
OP
J

Jaketor

Reaction score
Sorry guys I haven't been on the site in awhile.

The Revo 3's are really nice. No regerts. I too only read the online fluff reviews on them, but decided to take a chance and preorder them from tirerack. I was also reading press reviews about a new Pirelli tire that was coming out that had a lot of the same qualities, but I though the Revo 3 looked better plus it's made in USA.

I have about 2500 miles on the Revo 3's and they're awesome. So smooth and quiet and I'm sure they'll work great for so cal off roading, desert conditions, etc when ever it is I make it off road. The tread is super deep, I'd bet I could actually get 50k miles on them. They are load E so I'm sure the carcass is thick enough, yet they're lighter than the stock tires I think. Way more tread depth than stock tires new too. The stock KO2 tires feel like the same BFG's I had on my high school toyota prerunner back in 1995 cause basically they are. Yes the KO2's are upgraded but let's be real, they haven't changed much. In other words, they don't seem to be technologically advanced from a blank canvas design, they are a slight evolution of a 25 year old design. These new school Bridgestone tires are really computer designed to be quiet and perform off road and on. Welcome to 2018.

If I lived somewhere where it actually rained, and off roading involved mud, yes I'd be all over a MT tire. But for southwest deserty conditions these will work great and for the honest 99% of the time the truck is on pavement, they're a huge upgrade over the KO2's. Have you ever looked at the tread pattern of a BFG project? That's more what you need for southwest conditions. Not bro dozer MT tires. The Revo 3's transformed the truck to a pleasant, quiet, luxury truck driving around town and especially the freeways. My last car was a 2016 yukon denali and the Raptor is now as quiet and smooth as that.

On a sidenote, I own a business in the off road industry, I've made a living in the off road industry for over 10 years. I get it. Yes I sometimes feel dumb that I rarely take the raptor off road, but reality is that a polaris rzr or can-am X3 will absolutely trounce it off road, I'd rather thrash one of those. But it's an internal debate I have all the time is why own a Raptor and rarely off road it. My Bilstein rep told me years ago when he had a Gen 1 and I asked him that same question, he replied that a Raptor rides super nice on the road, has nice fully loaded truck options, and great resale value. Just an overall nice package even if you rarely off road it. Makes sense. But yes I get it. No need to interject an opinion how a tire like this doesn't belong on a Raptor. Actually I think a great setup would be to have some 35" Toyo MT's on another set of wheels and every time you took the truck off road for the weekend, swap them out. Get forever tread life on your MT's and then enjoy the truck the rest of the time on the highway.

Anyways, yes I'm happy with the tires.

~jake

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The Revo 3's are really nice. No regerts. I too only read the online fluff reviews on them, but decided to take a chance and preorder them from tirerack. I was also reading press reviews about a new Pirelli tire that was coming out that had a lot of the same qualities, but I though the Revo 3 looked better plus it's made in USA.

I have about 2500 miles on the Revo 3's and they're awesome. So smooth and quiet and I'm sure they'll work great for so cal off roading, desert conditions, etc when ever it is I make it off road. The tread is super deep, I'd bet I could actually get 50k miles on them. They are load E so I'm sure the carcass is thick enough, yet they're lighter than the stock tires I think. Way more tread depth than stock tires new too. The stock KO2 tires feel like the same BFG's I had on my high school toyota prerunner back in 1995 cause basically they are. Yes the KO2's are upgraded but let's be real, they haven't changed much. In other words, they don't seem to be technologically advanced from a blank canvas design, they are a slight evolution of a 25 year old design. These new school Bridgestone tires are really computer designed to be quiet and perform off road and on. Welcome to 2018.

If I lived somewhere where it actually rained, and off roading involved mud, yes I'd be all over a MT tire. But for southwest deserty conditions these will work great and for the honest 99% of the time the truck is on pavement, they're a huge upgrade over the KO2's. Have you ever looked at the tread pattern of a BFG project? That's more what you need for southwest conditions. Not bro dozer MT tires. The Revo 3's transformed the truck to a pleasant, quiet, luxury truck driving around town and especially the freeways. My last car was a 2016 yukon denali and the Raptor is now as quiet and smooth as that.

On a sidenote, I own a business in the off road industry, I've made a living in the off road industry for over 10 years. I get it. Yes I sometimes feel dumb that I rarely take the raptor off road, but reality is that a polaris rzr or can-am X3 will absolutely trounce it off road, I'd rather thrash one of those. But it's an internal debate I have all the time is why own a Raptor and rarely off road it. My Bilstein rep told me years ago when he had a Gen 1 and I asked him that same question, he replied that a Raptor rides super nice on the road, has nice fully loaded truck options, and great resale value. Just an overall nice package even if you rarely off road it. Makes sense. But yes I get it. No need to interject an opinion how a tire like this doesn't belong on a Raptor. Actually I think a great setup would be to have some 35" Toyo MT's on another set of wheels and every time you took the truck off road for the weekend, swap them out. Get forever tread life on your MT's and then enjoy the truck the rest of the time on the highway.

~jake

I'm not too surprised these Revos are better than K02s, because from what I've gathered, K02s are massively overrated. That said, this makes me all the more excited for my Cooper ST Maxxes. Great revo!

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Revo’s Look great

No offense but you posted pics so I gotta say. Looks like street tires on a 4x4.[/QUOTE
This is the tire that comes on the F150 limited. This is a street tire. Your Revo 3’s Are all terrain. They look great!

Attachments

• F3511B2E-B817-49D9-89AB-65095DDF3A2D.jpeg
    F3511B2E-B817-49D9-89AB-65095DDF3A2D.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score

~jake
Thanks for sharing Jake, looks like a great choice. I too believe KO2s are overrated, loud and vibrate on concrete. Unless you live off road the compromise is a better call for the mission.
V/R
Smokey