Gen 2 Upgrade shops in Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phi341

Reaction score
Folks,

I've got a Gen2 a little over year old and I'm wanting to do some upgrades. I'm interested in some form of performance upgrade, level/lift, wheels/tires, lights.... Does anyone know of a good "one stop shop" in Houston? It would be great to have a place that could help me decide on what I need, write a check, and take it home when its done. I have no interest in doing anything myself. Thanks in advance

Nospell

Reaction score
I'm in Houston and use Sal's Alignment shop off 290...If you see the place it's not confidence building because it's a small 2-3 man shop. but, that's why they are good. the main guy turning the wrenches is Oscar and he is a details guy. They are not offroad/parts folks so you will have to make all the decisions, but if you are going to do any suspension work you will need an alignment which will put you in an alignment shop anyway.

They installed a set of Kings on my Land Cruiser and work on my 200++MPH race car so I have some trust in them.

If Oskar makes any cuts he will grind and paint to protect from corrosion and when they run hoses or wiring they zip-tie or replace factory clips...pretty sure no one else in town does that.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Folks,

I've got a Gen2 a little over year old and I'm wanting to do some upgrades. I'm interested in some form of performance upgrade, level/lift, wheels/tires, lights.... Does anyone know of a good "one stop shop" in Houston? It would be great to have a place that could help me decide on what I need, write a check, and take it home when its done. I have no interest in doing anything myself. Thanks in advance

You can come out to Katy with Extreme Offroad and Performance. They have done several Raptors including mine. They have had plenty of practice on mine since I have basically reworked the entire truck. Give them a call and talk to Austin the owner. They do very good work, I have had them do several vehicles for me.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can come out to Katy with Extreme Offroad and Performance. They have done several Raptors including mine. They have had plenty of practice on mine since I have basically reworked the entire truck. Give them a call and talk to Austin the owner. They do very good work, I have had them do several vehicles for me.

Not picking a fight and glad you've had good luck with them. Please read the reviews before you use them. I'm not going to list the bad things they did to my last truck. Maybe I got them on a bad week. I know Delta tire does awesome work. Check out their FB page and you might have great luck with Extreme I'm only saying I didn't

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Also look for " Houston area raptor owners" on FB. A lot of good info from Houston people there

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not picking a fight and glad you've had good luck with them. Please read the reviews before you use them. I'm not going to list the bad things they did to my last truck. Maybe I got them on a bad week. I know Delta tire does awesome work. Check out their FB page and you might have great luck with Extreme I'm only saying I didn't

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Also look for " Houston area raptor owners" on FB. A lot of good info from Houston people there

No worries. I know some people have not had the same experience I have had with them. That is business. From my experience it has been all positive.

I am not on FB or any social media so it would be difficult for me to connect with anyone.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but I have a 1 guy shop in North Conroe that does great work. Very similar to Phi241's shop. Rellim Motorsports. I have done maybe 30 mods to my 13 from supercharger, exhaust, intake, shock work, tires, rims, headers, painting fenders, etc. They did every single thing. They work on race cars mostly. They really know their stuff(father/son) team. My 18 leadfoot with 50 miles on it is there right now. Doing all the same stuff: Bumpers, tires, wheels, intake, exhaust, bed cover, tune, turbo upgrade, mild suspension, etc. They are not the fastest because they do it right and care, but man have I had great service. They come to my house to change oil and fix issues in the driveway. If interested PM me.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Correction. Similar to Nospell's experience. Small shop. But know cars and trucks and how to make them faster and look good.