Bad buyer experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this out there so I'm going to put it in both sale threads.

Sigma01

I've been a paid member on this forum for awhile. I've bought and sold thousands of dollars of stuff here. Always with a personal check or cash. I dont do paypig. I've never had ANY trouble here buying or selling that way. Until now.

The member above wanted my canned tuner. A price was negotiated and a personal check was sent. It was 10.00 short so another check from the same account was sent. The checks were from a closed account. They bounced and I was tagged with bounced check fee's. I was told a good check from his wife's bank was enroute. Never got here.
I gave a cash settlement ultimatum deadline or it was going to precipitate brown on him far greater than a 110.00 tuner could squeeze out. He was smart enough to understand just how stupid what he did was, he settled through a moneymart walmart wire which I received today.

My fault for shipping it out on good faith. I truly believe if I hadn't clearly indicated the letter of the law and such, I never would've been paid. While he offered to return the tuner, like I wanted what he was going to send back?

Fair warning posted.

HalfRap

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this out there so I'm going to put it in both sale threads.

Sigma01

I've been a paid member on this forum for awhile. I've bought and sold thousands of dollars of stuff here. Always with a personal check or cash. I dont do paypig. I've never had ANY trouble here buying or selling that way. Until now.

The member above wanted my canned tuner. A price was negotiated and a personal check was sent. It was 10.00 short so another check from the same account was sent. The checks were from a closed account. They bounced and I was tagged with bounced check fee's. I was told a good check from his wife's bank was enroute. Never got here.
I gave a cash settlement ultimatum deadline or it was going to precipitate brown on him far greater than a 110.00 tuner could squeeze out. He was smart enough to understand just how stupid what he did was, he settled through a moneymart walmart wire which I received today.

My fault for shipping it out on good faith. I truly believe if I hadn't clearly indicated the letter of the law and such, I never would've been paid. While he offered to return the tuner, like I wanted what he was going to send back?

Fair warning posted.

Shit like this has happened to me for 15+ Years on forums, ebay whatever... This is the reason I deal with pay-pal only for online transactions, With some protection, It seems to pay for itself for my use!

Last edited:

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit like this has happened to me for 15+ Years on forums, ebay whatever... This is the reason I deal with pay-pal only for online transactions, With some protection, It seems to pay for itself for my use!

I agree. Any small drawbacks PayPal may have, they have always covered me for any problems/scams/fraudelant purchases. Definitely worth it.

D

Deleted member 12951

Sigma01

Fair warning posted.

Gotta be careful with folks that just joined FRF recently. I tend to do PayPal myself but try to deal with folks that have some tenure here. I've had worst luck buying/selling on FB though. Curious though what was said that made the guy pay because not sure what can actually be done over the Internet for a $100 when you live in Upper New England and he is in Texas, quite the distance to go after, so inquiring minds want to know the secret. :)

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know, I was lucky enough to be part of a forum that was filled with great people here in the beginning of raptor lore. This forum is filled with the best information you can get anywhere. We had Ford direct customer service reps (Crystal) that was here to help anyone with any problems. Factory techs and professionals that readily provided information sometimes not found in one's local dealership service department.
Not sure what happened to the forum? Was it a division of gen 1 or 2? I don't care that's not the topic here. Fact is, if one takes the time to search this forum for damn near anything raptor and they'll find the answers.
Back then a bad deal here was real hard to find was my point. If you had 100 posts you were almost guaranteed not to be ripped off. Even folks that posted maybe ten times in three years were trustworthy. I understand the day and age. Trusting you're best friend with money isn't always going to turn out good. I'm old. And old school. I don't text and I don't play games. Being a career military/gov guy means I have friends all over the world. Its nice when you need them and they're close to the problem you can rely on the support.
Joe Cocker said it best. Gettin' by with a little help from my friends. And when indicated, the next verse to bring it back to flatline.

And to close, I wanted to point out that Cesar, (Sigma1) was trying to save face in the wanted to buy thread where I also posted this. And this guy is an EMT firefighter? God help us all.

Last edited:

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know, I was lucky enough to be part of a forum that was filled with great people here in the beginning of raptor lore. This forum is filled with the best information you can get anywhere. We had Ford direct customer service reps (Crystal) that was here to help anyone with any problems. Factory techs and professionals that readily provided information sometimes not found in one's local dealership service department.
Not sure what happened to the forum? Was it a division of gen 1 or 2? I don't care that's not the topic here. Fact is, if one takes the time to search this forum for damn near anything raptor and they'll find the answers.
Back then a bad deal here was real hard to find was my point. If you had 100 posts you were almost guaranteed not to be ripped off. Even folks that posted maybe ten times in three years were trustworthy. I understand the day and age. Trusting you're best friend with money isn't always going to turn out good. I'm old. And old school. I don't text and I don't play games. Being a career military/gov guy means I have friends all over the world. Its nice when you need them and they're close to the problem you can rely on the support.
Joe Cocker said it best. Gettin' by with a little help from my friends. And when indicated, the next verse to bring it back to flatline.

And to close, I wanted to point out that Cesar, (Sigma1) was trying to save face in the wanted to buy thread where I also posted this. And this guy is an EMT firefighter? God help us all.

Your point was 100% understood and taken! Myself, and others, were simply providing some reactions/feedback on similar issues we’ve had dealing with others. Whether that be directly in this forum, Facebook marketplace, craigslist, other forums, etc., deadbeats are out there and you have to take it upon yourself to protect yourself before stuff like this happens.

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk