2017 Raptor Transmission Slip & Overheat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KyekyeG

Reaction score
Who’s having transmission problems, I AM!!, trucks in the shop 17,000 miles on it , it severally over heated 265 degrees! Then started to slip in and out of gears. Had it picked up and taken in. 3 days later they called and are replacing torque converter, 10 days for parts to arrive. They gave me a f150 4x4 to drive thru enterprise rentals. PS It just came out of the shop 2 weeks earlier for oil pan and front cover leak , roll pin, seat belt fix , that took 2 weeks also . Feel free to chim in!! I feel like we’re all test dummies ..
Keep all your paper work from the dealer. I just had a friend brought up the same issue his was a 3000 miles. I don't know your state laws but if you're in Cali, if you take it in 3 times whether work is done or not for the same issue you have a lemon law case.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they replaced the torque converter, and transmission fluid pump , flushed the whole system out, checked all tolerances, good to go. It took 3 weeks. So far so good.

OP
OP
K

KyekyeG

Reaction score
They did that twice for mine, im helping out a guy in Northern California with the same issue at 4k miles. They just replaced the exact same parts. Took them a month to repair his. Keep those service orders.

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
Look at the lines going to and from the cooler. This is a photo of what you might fine.

Where is this located?? My tranny is doing weird stuff. Feels like it's slipping, motor making go fast noises but not going anywhere and then it actually starts pulling.

Man, I don't want my truck ripped apart!

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the lines going to and from the cooler. This is a photo of what you might fine.

How in the **** does that happen? Everyone gives Tesla shit about build quality issues but that is just complete ******* ignorance. All that shit is performed and engineered. (Or I hope so). That his couldn't have gone in easy anyway you look at it. Guess its Michigan built. What do you expect. Never have I seen a factory defect or build defects that ******* stupid.

Kevin Cotter

Reaction score
So my GeN1 went through all same issues Ford said probably internal problem why overheating out of nowhere. End up finding the Trans harness laying on the exhaust flange passenger side fried 2 wires leading to computer and was messing with the gauge and putting it in limp mode ....rewire rewrap aircraft wire up instead of plastic garbage problems solved 2 hr work vs 6k tranny ......