Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a killer brake kit. Wish the calipers were aluminum.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alcon says when installed they can out stop modern sportscars- and while I have yet to test that claim I can attest the stopping power is insane for such a heavy truck.

I love the kit, but this is so far from right that you're beyond wrong

BBKs don't necessarily help you stop shorter, hell half the time the stopping distance on the 1st panic stop is longer by a few feet vs OEM ... that's not their purpose

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to answer that. It could be that the R1 would fit under the OEM wheels with spacers - you need spacers with the Alcons as well with the OEM wheels.

Don't worry about it. I'm actually not that attached to the OEM's . But Honestly I'm leaning towards the Alcon's. I'm just not a fan of their finish. For the price they could look a little better. The red looks good, but at least paint your company name so it stands out.

Also another question, would all the factory sensors still work with the change to Alcon's or another BBK? I'm talking about the brake pad wear sensors and other miscellany??