Mid-Mount Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The comp turbos had their issues when they first came out. Now they have dialed them in to be very reliable. The order has already been placed and paid for. The turbo should be here in about 2 weeks.

OP
OP
T

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you fi guys running for plugs/gap. Been reading anything not OEM may cause problems. My tuner said gap to .035 but that is way under factory lower limit of .041. Any advice?

DWH3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JDM recommended .030 for my Roush with NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a 3.5" Ball flange for this truck?? This is my only hang up as it seems like most guys report they have a 3" collector for the ball/mouth flange. Basically, I need the ball flange that mates to the Y-pipe where the downpipes/cats collect where the stock resonator would go. Even if I look to buy a stock resonator it comes with a 3" flange. I doubt the guy before me put on aftermarket downpipes/cats since they look stock. They measure 3.5" though. :confused:

OP
OP
T

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I dont want to have to cut the factory Y pipes flanges off for a few reasons.

1. While I am fabricating this I still need to use my truck and need to swap the current exhaust on and off.

2. If I ever sell the truck I will pull the turbo off and place the stock exhaust back on.

3. If I ever duplicate the kit I do not want to make someone cut anything and/or modify anything stock that they can not put back on.

I have finally figured it out though and am having a shop custom make me a 3.5" ball flange.

I will be using a V-band from the reducer to the T4 exhaust inlet flange. Also on the turbine out to mate to the exhaust.

As of right now I have everything on order except the intercooler and water line fittings since I do not have the turbo. That should be showing up by the 23rd and then fit up begins.

Last edited:

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mid mount on a truck is a bad idea. Plenty of room to mount them else where.

OP
OP
T

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are thousands of them out there. I'll love it.

Can you please elaborate on why you think it's so bad? And please don't say because you swamp up above your running boards in mud all the time or drive it over Mt.everest because while that is the capability of the truck...95% of guys don't do that.

These trucks cost too much for most guys to take the chance of leaving a scar. Or they are city trucks, or they just don't do that sort of thing and love the truck anyway. They can do more than mud/climb and have the performance and look good while doing it.

Personally I use mine to get to work, haul my quad to the trails and to tow my camper. Just like the other 2 raptor owners that work there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the stock 02 (wideband) sensors good enough to measure AFR's when tuning? Are a lot of you boosted guys running a standalone AFR gauge and sensor?