Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spiff

Reaction score
Did a quick trip to Moab last weekend. We ran Fins and Things and Steelbender. Fins we ran at dusk to catch the sunset at the top. Super easy trail that I ran in 4 high. Steelbender we did the next day and that is a whole different story. Had to run in 4 low through most of it and thankfully my spotter had run it several times, a few in a full size dodge. I personally would not recommend it if you like your paint and bumpers. The steps on the way down were extremely technical and on the first I thought I was going over and the second I got a bit stuck requiring my spotter to bounce the rear a bit to get traction.
We didn’t run Hells this trip, I ran it last time with no real issues. I learned that I need to get better at not stabbing on the brakes and bouncing the front. Thanks to SDHQ for rebuilding the shocks a few weeks ago and replacing a bunch or parts on the front suspension that would have left me dead on the trail if they had failed.

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6623.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

roybot

Reaction score
Nice. That pic of your truck on the fin with the sun in the background is ACES! I did a trip in July that I still need to post the photos and videos of. I did Hells Revenge with a guide. Definitely helped to have front and rear bumpers. Scraped my steps a ton and bent the rear passenger corner (just bottom edge where I did my dovetail...but that is on me because I wanted a bumper that didn't protect the corner, LOL.)

Can't wait to go back next year. Fun to drive in the desert but definitely fun to rock crawl a little with these big booty buses!

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Did a quick trip to Moab last weekend. We ran Fins and Things and Steelbender. Fins we ran at dusk to catch the sunset at the top. Super easy trail that I ran in 4 high. Steelbender we did the next day and that is a whole different story. Had to run in 4 low through most of it and thankfully my spotter had run it several times, a few in a full size dodge. I personally would not recommend it if you like your paint and bumpers. The steps on the way down were extremely technical and on the first I thought I was going over and the second I got a bit stuck requiring my spotter to bounce the rear a bit to get traction.
We didn’t run Hells this trip, I ran it last time with no real issues. I learned that I need to get better at not stabbing on the brakes and bouncing the front. Thanks to SDHQ for rebuilding the shocks a few weeks ago and replacing a bunch or parts on the front suspension that would have left me dead on the trail if they had failed.

View attachment 100740

View attachment 100741

View attachment 100742

View attachment 100743
Outstanding pics thanks for sharing. I love hiking and wheeling Moab. Amazing Country

688F1BF7-D391-4054-8AA7-75B8A4C4F424.jpeg

D3E4EF41-A809-483F-8FB2-373E3EF28D35.jpeg

D729119F-F290-4082-8ECB-E1DBDB736DAD.jpeg

9F88F40D-C35D-45EF-A923-E1034D54B7A5.jpeg