went from 87 tune t0 93 tune no diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey mike , did the switch from 87 oct to 93 oct tune and think the 87 tune is better, the tranny shifts better and firmer on that tune!!! . can't tell the difference, you tell me??? .

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
not sure i can tell a diff when we change from 87 to 93 , try reflashing over top of 93 tune maybe

OP
OP
vipergts

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re did the flash of 93 tune

hey mike did the reflash of 93 tune as suggested , and it blows, don't like it went back to 87 tune and runs better,shifts better,i had a slight ping,with the 93 tune ,may be to much timing, ran shity.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
hey mike did the reflash of 93 tune as suggested , and it blows, don't like it went back to 87 tune and runs better,shifts better,i had a slight ping,with the 93 tune ,may be to much timing, ran shity.

then maybe you should use the 87 tune if you like it better :waytogo:

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
well that stinks , shoot me an email and lets try a mix of both 87/93 for you
87 shifting with 93 timing maybe that would be better suited for you.

OP
OP
vipergts

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx mike

thx mike,for the 89 tunes , put the 89a tune in there and will drive it for a while to give it a chance so far it feels good. thx jeff what is the shift pattern for the 2012, is it tighter, more crisper ?????

Last edited: