Bed Bolt D-Ring Tie Down Points AT COST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple things to note for GEN1, imagine its the same for GEN2
Use a T50 PLUS bit. A T50 bit is a tad too small and you will most likely strip the bed bolts.

Bed bolts are torque to 59lb-ft

http://sdhqoffroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/FORD-RAPTOR-TORQUE-SPECS.pdf

Thanks for the tip! Gen 2 uses a Torx Plus 50 too. I ordered one off Amazon and just test fitted it. Tight fit. The regular T50 worked one my initial install, torqued to 59 ft-lbs, but probably not worth the risk of stripping it.

Here’s the one I picked up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O846UI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Thanks for steering me right. I updated the initial post to show the right bit size.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

In for 6 as well. Please PM your Venmo, I live near Rice U!

PM sent!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first batch shipped out today. Still waiting on stock for the second round. For those that want to see how the sausage is made, here are some pictures.

9f7a3f4995f9022de70fdd631d1887b9.jpg

58aca04e785229c4bd4774341194c1f7.jpg

f29e0a8187bab4c4959e0f98f70e75b8.jpg

0c06244ca8262569fd44f026011098b0.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You do know it’s poor form to include feet in a picture right? :biggrin:

<kidding>

They look great. The D-rings that is, not commenting on the footwear.

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update for those waiting on theirs d-rings.

If you haven’t received yours yet, that means I’m still waiting on stock. The dealer I was going through (the link in the OP) said they were discontinued, but they’re just not carrying them anymore. I found another Mopar dealer and ordered through them. They had to order some from the warehouse because it was a large order, but I was told should arrive by next Thursday. Once I get them, I’ll knock them out and ship them or have them ready for local pickup.

I ordered one more set than I’ve been paid for by forum members in case there was another order that came in. After that, I’m going to put this on hold for a while. I’ll be swamped with work in July, so won’t be able to do another round until late July or August.

For those that got theirs already, post a picture installed!

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really like to buy 2 of these. I PM'd you. No reply

Just replied. Did you want to order some? Your PM was asking about bed bolt location on a Gen1, not how to pay for a set.

To be fair, I’m not running a business here, just trying to do something for the community, so work and family come before answering PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.