GEN 2 Racing Stripes Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey - thanks for the comment. I'll take a look at that. Are you suggesting just on that thin flat channel below the grill and above the bumper? I also did not do the tailgate. The Shelby version does not do the tailgate either, but they have other stickers back there. I'd ultimately like to do something on the tailgate - not the stripes, but something to just give it a little color. Maybe the Raptor badge in a different color. Not much works with this Magnetic IMO; I can't make myself change the stock wheels as of yet. I like the way it handles now. Definitely a daily driver for me - 80 mph on the freeway most of the time. I suppose I could get these stock wheels powder coated or similar, but honestly I think these Magnetic trucks need some color. JMO

Definitely would be easy to do. Much appreciated.
Exactly, it will give a more finished look. Great job otherwise

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learn to keep negative comments to yourself and the world will be better place.

And yes! It hurts my feelings when I read negative comments.

Lol negative comment! Oh wait..., I didn’t say anything yet. No worries, the OP did a great job with the stripes. People pay big bucks for that shit on a Shelby, which is pretty much all you get for an extra $100k. Anyway, I don’t care for the stripes in general, but like I said the OP did a damn good job and should be quite proud of his work.

OP
OP
Dakotablues

Dakotablues

Reaction score
Lol negative comment! Oh wait..., I didn’t say anything yet. No worries, the OP did a great job with the stripes. People pay big bucks for that shit on a Shelby, which is pretty much all you get for an extra $100k. Anyway, I don’t care for the stripes in general, but like I said the OP did a damn good job and should be quite proud of his work.

Hey, no worries; I figured I’d get flamed by some guys. Nbd.

It’s unique I guess. To the “racing” aspect, did you change the steering wheel in yours to get rid of the stripe? I associate that with “racing” too - but maybe I’m myopic in that view.

Anyways - I LOVE these trucks!

Be well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Exactly, it will give a more finished look. Great job otherwise

My only hesitation is that the stripes in total are wider than the air intake at the bottom (just a little). As it is now, that actually kind of looks like continuation of the stripes. My eyes at least see it as somewhat of a continuation.

Fairly easy on and easy off though - so no harm in giving it a run.

Edit - Looked at it some more last night - actually think that will look better. I'll give it a run this weekend.

Appreciate your feedback highly. What about the top of the bumper?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dakotablues

Dakotablues

Reaction score
I don't get it. The only time racing stripes do not look obnoxious is when they are on real race cars with race pedigree. Even then they are bit much, but tolerable.

Racing stripes on a 5600 lb pickup truck is a bit pointless. What's next? A rear diffuser or spoiler or front splitter or side skirts?

Hopefully you took the time to change out your steering wheel; or at least cover the stripe with some black tape! LOL

to each their own - no doubt bud.

Published on Feb 26, 2018
Freddy shows you this Ford Performance 2017 Raptor Steering Wheel with a Red Sight-Line for your 2015-2017 F-150.

Are you looking for a way to add some style to your F150’s interior? This 2017 Raptor steering wheel from Ford Performance is inspired by racing and premium-quality performance. It’s made from black leather and has a red sight line stripe at the 12 o’clock position for a subtle pop of color. The Raptor wheel is slightly larger than your F-150’s factory wheel and has more defined grips at “10 and 2” positions.

Attachments

• raptor steering wheel.jpg
    raptor steering wheel.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dakotablues

Dakotablues

Reaction score
looks great. But if you have the material left you should continue the stripes on the small front area above the bumper just a couple of spots.

Wondering if it’s make sense to taper it down slightly similar to how it appears to taper on the tailgate below? So it “fits” perfectly with the bottom vent outside points.

Also, on this Cobra version, they took the stripe onto the bumper also. I suppose if I do that small piece you mentioned I could also do the top of the bumper?

EDIT: After a little research online, it seems the taper is often preferred and makes some sense. Think I'll give that a run and probably hit the top of the bumper too.

c13cf43942fe8008caa0feb944f7f8a7.jpg
IMG_5657.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dakotablues

Dakotablues

Reaction score
Will end it on the top of the bumper - with a slight slant, like on the Mustang below. Will match up right in the corners of the bottom vent/grille area.

Should make for a nice clean finish (or starting point depending on how you think about it).

Attachments

• stripes - tapered - cobra.jpg
    stripes - tapered - cobra.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28