Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I went to visit the guys down at SVC today to have some Deaver +2s and their bump stop kit installed. The rear end of the truck has always bothered me since day 1 - very skittish and unpredictable at times. I learned about the Deavers from this forum early on. I knew it was a mod that I had to do and that day was today. On my bumper to bumper drive home I could immediately notice the difference. It is so good in fact, that now the front feels 'meh' in comparison :ROFLJest: I definitely need more seat time but so far, it is as others have stated, night and day. The OEM leaf springs are very scrawny compared to the Deaver units. I think Ford cheaped out or wanted to save weight and basically 'over sprung' the rear springs, at least that is how it felt and that is how they look.

It took the guys at SVC about 4 hours to do the work as I sat on my lazy ass on their couch :D

So, I have nothing done suspension other that the rear springs and bump kit. I didn't want to do collars yet as I want to see how the truck behaves as it is first to see which direction I want to go. I'll chime in later with updates as I have more hours with them.

IMG_5188.jpg

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit

Nice! Congrats and I agree with Raven13 100%

Wish SVC was close to me!

I just plasti dipped my Fox bump collars, I can’t stand gold on a vehicle. Probably won’t hold up but going to give it a try.

abca8ed645be39a72e556b5348cc9288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! How much higher is your rear sitting? I agree that the rear ends on these are a lot more skittish then the previous gen.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! How much higher is your rear sitting? I agree that the rear ends on these are a lot more skittish then the previous gen.

Deaver +2s are supposed to keep the truck at factory height, but lets see his results. (i.e. When you take out the 2" block, the +2 makes it the same)

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For others interested in Deavers, I would recommend that you consider getting +3s instead of +2s. If you want to keep the ride height stock, then just add a +2 shackle, which will lower ride height by about an inch. This setup should be slightly better able to handle some weight in the bed without sagging or affecting performance and may also net you some additional travel.

Then later if you add collars up front or get aftermarket shocks and need/want to set the truck up with a little more ride height, you've already got the right springs.

Also recommend getting aftermarket shackles regardless. The stockers are stamped steel junk and more prone to bending/twisting, which leads to binding. I like the Camburg tig shackles but they're all better than stock.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+2's with RPG 1.5" collars

Sits dead level. Note, I keep about 100lbs in the bed up against the cab. Anything more than that and I will dip a bit.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My truck was freakishly high in the rear stock for some reason. It is actually a touch lower now - at least from eyeballing. I’ll measure in a couple of days.

924c187c16dbc1543d3b932d72e6b2ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetG

Reaction score
What was the cost to have this done? As long as it keeps stock height and improves the suspension I might consider doing this also.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What was the cost to have this done? As long as it keeps stock height and improves the suspension I might consider doing this also.

the springs are 1300-1400 if you aren't ordering a custom rate or having them powder coated.

Install should take a couple hours. That cost would depend on shop rate.