Buy Wrecked 2018 Raptor - Requesting Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's say you get it for $60. That's still a terrible deal. You can buy a new one for under MSRP. Yeah, it'll be higher but you can at least show the new buyer the Car Facts.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All great questions Zombie. And same questions I asked the dealership, which they stated they "did not know" and that the truck came in repaired. That.s why I was hoping to find a source where you find where trucks/cars have been repaired and the details of the repair. If the drivers door was a grazing hit at 10-20mph not a huge deal IMO but if it was T-***** at 40-50-60+ that's an issue. Still digging but not looking good. I appreciate the feedback!

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Thanks donh. Agreed in that come resale time, the value will be questioned due to same situation I'm in now.

It should show up on Carfax, but I don't know if that tells how severe the accident was.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Let's say you get it for $60. That's still a terrible deal. You can buy a new one for under MSRP. Yeah, it'll be higher but you can at least show the new buyer the Car Facts.

The fact that the previous owner traded it after repair kind of suggests the damage was more than a small dent and they were afraid of what the future held for it. Taking into consideration it's used and has been in an accident, even $60k would be a lot of money to risk. The dealer is already saying the don't know, so you'd have a hard time going after them in the event something happened. My sticker is $63,275 ordered exactly the way I want it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
It should show up on Carfax, but I don't know if that tells how severe the accident was.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

The fact that the previous owner traded it after repair kind of suggests the damage was more than a small dent and they were afraid of what the future held for it. Taking into consideration it's used and has been in an accident, even $60k would be a lot of money to risk. The dealer is already saying the don't know, so you'd have a hard time going after them in the event something happened. My sticker is $63,275 ordered exactly the way I want it.

carfax is the biggest pile of BS out there.

If the repair shop or insurance company dont report the damage/repair, it will come back clean.

In 2014, I traded in a 2011 F-150 that had been hit 5 times. I had the truck repaired at reputable shops and ford dealers.

Not one reported to carfax.

Guess what came back with a clean carfax? That 2011 f-150.

The only question the dealer will ask is whether the truck has ever had more than $2000 worth of collision repairs done to it. That's it.

Having a vehicle inspected by someone who knows how to spot body work is still the only way to be sure.

Aluminum bodywork is much much harder to work with than traditional steel panels. It becomes even more precarious when the aluminum body parts are structural.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$67k? **** that place. Go buy a new one for $70k and count your blessings for being smart enough for not buying a wrecked Raptor. Life is too short. Get the best. Or, if you really wanna drive something amazing that everyone will really respect you for, find a low mileage Gen1. Then you'll appreciate what a real Raptor is meant to be......LOL

X2....

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
$67k? **** that place. Go buy a new one for $70k and count your blessings for being smart enough for not buying a wrecked Raptor. Life is too short. Get the best. Or, if you really wanna drive something amazing that everyone will really respect you for, find a low mileage Gen1. Then you'll appreciate what a real Raptor is meant to be......LOL

I was with you about halfway...

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
carfax is the biggest pile of BS out there.

If the repair shop or insurance company dont report the damage/repair, it will come back clean.

In 2014, I traded in a 2011 F-150 that had been hit 5 times. I had the truck repaired at reputable shops and ford dealers.

Not one reported to carfax.

Guess what came back with a clean carfax? That 2011 f-150.

The only question the dealer will ask is whether the truck has ever had more than $2000 worth of collision repairs done to it. That's it.

Having a vehicle inspected by someone who knows how to spot body work is still the only way to be sure.

Aluminum bodywork is much much harder to work with than traditional steel panels. It becomes even more precarious when the aluminum body parts are structural.

Ditto, I have met a guy who runs a "speed shop" and he gets people in all the time for "cash" repairs just so their VIN won't be linked with the repair...CarFax is OK but not the end all for sure...

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right but if the dealer knows that it was in an accident then it'll show up in the Car Fax. It'll be easier to sell a car with a clean record. Car Fax is BS but it's nice to be able to tell give the buyer piece of mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free