Fuel pump recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see there is a recall in the fuel pump. Anyone have this done yet ? What’s the symptoms of this?

Morn

Reaction score
Same here, but I found the news item that OP is talking about. It's for some 2018 F-150s and doesn't specify Raptors specifically either way.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/f...tions-and-navigators-for-potential-fuel-leaks

Ford and Lincoln are recalling 7580 of its 2018 model F-150 pickups and Expedition and Navigator SUVs over a faulty fuel-pump assembly. Fuel pumps on turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 engines might have misaligned welds, which could lead to a fuel or oil leak. Ford says it has not been notified of any accidents or injuries related to the issue.

While the number of vehicles is relatively small, this problem is not specific to one shift of workers or even one plant. It affects F-150s built in the Dearborn and Kansas City plants and Expeditions and Navigators constructed in Ford’s Louisville, Kentucky, facility. Of the 7580 trucks and SUVs recalled, 5645 were built for the U.S. market, 1625 for Canada, and 310 went to Mexico.

Ford cites misaligned welds as the source of the issue. Because of this, the welds between the fuel-pump housing and the mounting flange could crack, which could result in a fuel or oil leak. Spilling oil or fuel in the engine bay could cause a fire.

To fix the problem, Ford and Lincoln will replace the components at no cost to the customer. The vehicles will be fitted with a new high-pressure fuel pump plus new pump and discharge-tube mounting bolts.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Pass is an app that you can download on iOS and Android which allows you control certain functions on the truck, locate your vehicle, check mileage/fuel, and it also alerts you of any recalls if applicable.

I'm a 17' build, no fuel pump notice but have a California Emission Warranty Parts Coverage notice...

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Pass is an app that you can download on iOS and Android which allows you control certain functions on the truck, locate your vehicle, check mileage/fuel, and it also alerts you of any recalls if applicable.

I'm a 17' build, no fuel pump notice but have a California Emission Warranty Parts Coverage notice...

Plus remote start and door lock / unlock.

SENDIT!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on how many affected?

All 3.5 HO engine vehicles built between 3/14 and 4/14 are affected. So Raptors, Navigators, and the highest trim Expeditions (Limited.) Just today they officially announced the recall. Priority will go to owners, New sold vehicles that can't be delivered due to the stop sell, and then stock units.