GEN 1 E85 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in central Texas with a 6.2 raptor please contact
We looking for a raptor to develop new E85 kit

[email protected]
Jim

That just doesn't make any sense... You want to develop a kit to run a fuel nobody but big time hot rodders with forced induction like. Even stranger, you are in Texas oil country, I might have expected it from Iowa corn country but a guy in Texas wanting to run alcohol in an engine that is no longer offered in the truck? A fuel that costs more than gas but offers no real benefits unless you are running a bunch of boost?

Seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me with almost no market and, you need to borrow a truck to get it done??? I would re-think the whole idea. Maybe you just give me $10k and I will kick you in the nuts. I think you will get the same results. In fact I might save you some money and pain with my offer. LOL

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That just doesn't make any sense... You want to develop a kit to run a fuel nobody but big time hot rodders with forced induction like. Even stranger, you are in Texas oil country, I might have expected it from Iowa corn country but a guy in Texas wanting to run alcohol in an engine that is no longer offered in the truck? A fuel that costs more than gas but offers no real benefits unless you are running a bunch of boost?

Seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me with almost no market and, you need to borrow a truck to get it done??? I would re-think the whole idea. Maybe you just give me $10k and I will kick you in the nuts. I think you will get the same results. In fact I might save you some money and pain with my offer. LOL

Should kick em in the nutz anyway.
E85 on a na motor may save you about a $1 a gallon but the savings is lost in the reduction in fuel economy and the performance sucks.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should kick em in the nutz anyway.
E85 on a na motor may save you about a $1 a gallon but the savings is lost in the reduction in fuel economy and the performance sucks.

I know the economy goes down but according to Ford, power goes up on my 5.4 when using E85.

The only station in town that had it dropped it a few months ago. It was only ~.60/gal cheaper anyway, not enough for me to even try it.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the economy goes down but according to Ford, power goes up on my 5.4 when using E85.

The only station in town that had it dropped it a few months ago. It was only ~.60/gal cheaper anyway, not enough for me to even try it.

Doubtful. E85 has an octane rating of about 113. In a stock 5.4 it will struggle to even get a complete burn.

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is there so much hate in this forum? This guy has nothing but good intentions...looking to let someone on this site be a part of it. Just because it doesn't fit your application doesn't make it stupid.

Most of the people hating in this forum don't even know what they're talking about...they just heard someone say something and they say it too like it's fact...you're embarrassing yourselves.

The real downside is that it causes forum members who have some knowledge or experience about something not to contribute because some moron who wants to feel superior is going to shit all over it.

******* retards...if you don't have something to contribute, keep the **** out of it!

OP
OP
D

Djgambit

Reaction score
Is not rocket science just someone who wants to try it out definitely there is power to be unlock plus you will be able to used e85, 91,and any mix in between.
Since it will adapt on the fly.
And anyone who wants to go with force induction will have more fuel choices.