Throw back Thursday Upgraded Raptor camshafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been looking at the full head, cams and brave work. Already have best offroad intake and 4.56 gears along with stainless work headers.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe so, yes. But I would definitely give them a call before just ordering off the website to make sure. There is a good chance those aren't actually in stock.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cams generally work best with the full cnc work. They have a core charge as they send you finished heads. Or you send yours in to have work done. Same result.

6.6 not worth reliability loss

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I didn't know they refurbished old heads and call them new CNC heads.
I'm not being a smart ass, I just never researched all about Livernois's stuff.
Only the things I bought from them.

And I haven't heard any thing about reliability loss on there full 6.6L. What have you heard?
If something where ever to happen to my engine I would go the full $19K+ from them.

Last edited:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I didn't know they refurbished old heads and call them new CNC heads.

I'm not being a smart ass, I just never researched all about Livernois's stuff.

Only the things I bought from them.

And I haven't heard any thing about reliability loss on there full 6.6L. What have you heard?

If something where ever to happen to my engine I would go the full $19K+ from them.

To get the 6.6 they offset grind the rod journal which is already a weak point on the 6.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I know. But I haven't heard anything bad about that.
Unless you have money like Biggest, this is the only route to go.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Main issue there is not much data on people running the cams. There are people but they are not on this forum nor do they "offroad" like we do in the desert. So starbucks runners can't comment as they are not hitting washouts at 40mph and eating desert miles.

I plan on doing this and seeing if I can work a deal with them to post a honest full review on the cams with all the parts. But I am a little ways off after getting hit with a larger bill for the 4 link setup UG.