Update on intercooler fan mud issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to you that means he didn’t inspect it? To me it means he can’t drive two vehicles at once.

Well i'm thinking because he bought it from a Ford dealership he trusted that the truck would be fully inspected and in good working order. Like most would, because i'm sure they would have assured him of that.

Ironwood

Reaction score
Well i'm thinking because he bought it from a Ford dealership he trusted that the truck would be fully inspected and in good working order. Like most would, because i'm sure they would have assured him of that.

Used car salesmen may stretch the truth. Better write that down.

bryan_nj

Reaction score
I personally wouyld never buy something sight unseen. I've sold many things in my life with a 24-72 hour rule that if I misrepresented anything I sold, I'd take it back.

Hopefully the selling dealer will take care of you.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. But its from a certified Ford dealership so you would hope they wouldn't do that. And I don't have a pen and paper but ill try to remember that.

You are either very young or haven't flipped lots of cars

Trust and dealer are almost mutually exclusive

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
So what’s the latest?

Here's the latest :

This morning I called Ford customer service and told them the entire story. Unfortunately, they were unable to do anything warranty wise. They still opened a case and told me to speak with the service manager over at the local dealership my Raptor was serviced at.

I gave Dave, the local service manager, a call and told him what was happening. After speaking with him, he actually personally called the dealership in TX to speak with their service manager. Service manager in TX denied everything of course and transferred him over to the GM, who also denied everything. The GM there even admitted that he had the truck DRIVEN 100 miles, instead of towed, to the pickup location for transport to CA. Which is why the ODO had 100 something extra miles on it when I received it. Pretty much the GM told Dave that he would NOT be paying for this service cost. Dave told the GM to call me personally and let me know, but he never called me. Typical seeing how these guys over there had been ignoring all of my emails, texts, and calls for the past 3 days. Cowards.

Dave ended up lowering the cost of the repair out of good will. I paid it and thanked him, I was tired of waiting. Took my truck over to a detailing shop immediately afterwards to get the engine bay cleaned, windows tinted, and the entire truck Ceramic coated. Should have it back Monday morning.

Now all of that's behind me, I'm not too sure what to do at this point. Do I suck it up and just move on? Should use every fiber of my being to make sure everyone knows to avoid that dealership in TX? I'm not one to leave scathing reviews and such, hell I don't even leave yelp reviews. But then again this isn't your run of the mill burrito bubble gut experience.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Your story is over the top, but difficult to prove. What evidence are you going to put forward to prove what you assert?

I firmly believe you should have been covered by the selling dealer, however...
and don’t take this personally, but you had a responsibility to ensure the purchase was acceptable to your satisfaction and you didn’t lay eyes or hands on the vehicle, nor inspect at the time of the sale transaction.

I think it’s a crappy thing for the dealer principals to do, but honestly - take that money you’re going to spend on mods and pick up an extended warranty (Flood Ford is a good place to start).

Go forth and enjoy your Raptor.