ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxemus

Reaction score
Someone educate me;

Is Ford paint not up to ***** that it needs PPF and/or ceramic coatings?
What is the average cost of PPF?

It’s got nothing to do with Fords painting. It’s level of protection and convenience for those that care to keep their vehicle at a higher level of cleanliness or ease thereof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s got nothing to do with Fords painting. It’s level of protection and convenience for those that care to keep their vehicle at a higher level of cleanliness or ease thereof.

Aaaaah! Glad to know it's not poor paint quality.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone educate me;

Is Ford paint not up to ***** that it needs PPF and/or ceramic coatings?
What is the average cost of PPF?

Ford paint is not really any different than any other OEM paint.

Coatings just make it easier to clean, same way a good wax or sealant does (but a coating much more so).

PPF actually protects the paint, it is the classic clear bra. Takes the damage so the paint doesn't.

ewm98

Reaction score
has anyone tried IGL Kenzo?

I have it on my black 7 Series and Raptor. It makes cleaning both very easy. I was skeptical at first since the price was much higher then coatings but compared to other coatings I have worked with it does seem to hold up the best. c14d3e997c6de44b79db25e1d8a5abf2.jpg

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put Adams ceramic coating on mine a month or so ago after I polished it. Pretty serious protection. I also put coating on the rims and trim coating on all plastic pieces. I hope to get two years out of it. There are longer duration coatings out there, but Adams is pretty user friendly.

Pretty reasonably priced too correct? I hear some guys getting ceramic done for 1000 and this is DIY for like 150$? Not sure the real differences ina professional shop and this DIY ceramic coating but..

Also can ceramic coatings be removed and redone if they are a Diy take home application ?

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surface must be machine polished to remove ceramic coatings and it can be very hard to identify when the coating is gone and your removing clear

Bjoeaull

Reaction score
Pretty reasonably priced too correct? I hear some guys getting ceramic done for 1000 and this is DIY for like 150$? Not sure the real differences ina professional shop and this DIY ceramic coating but..

Also can ceramic coatings be removed and redone if they are a Diy take home application ?

Its priced well, but the money you are saving by not having it professionally done is really just the labor. It takes a lot of time and prep to do a ceramic coating correctly. Wash, clay, polish, polish some more, prep wipedown, ceramic coat, then ceramic boost.

They can only be removed by machine polish, so thats why prep and careful application are critical. The difficulty removing really just says a lot about how durable of a coating it really is....

If you are still curious, I'd recommend going to the Adams site and learn up on their process, should be some videos. youtube is a great resource too

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. If the Adams ceramic coat will last as long as the professionally applied one then that would be awesome. Someone said the DIYs May only last a couple years... so I was wondering if you had to reapply it or if you had to remove it all and then reapply? I guess I wouldn’t be able to tell when it’s worn off anyways.

Also it seems that most of that prep could/Should Be done when the truck is brand new and would make it much easier on you then to wait after the truck has gotten dirty and really needs a more thorough prep with a clay bar wax and polish. Leaves less room for error when it’s brand new and you have to DIY.

I still obviously need to do my homework on it a bit more

Last edited: