New owner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Raptor fit through an automatic car wash? I never tried to fit mine in one, but I am surprised it fit width-wise.

Always the older brushless washers. Helps cut the winter slush in the Northern States. The 2011 was white, I don't take the black 17 through them at all.

OP
OP
B

blueDelusions

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did the tire pressure first day I got it and I double checked the lugs. Crawled underneath to see if there was anything obvious, but I didn't find anything. My wife says she can't feel anything, but I've never felt this in any other truck or car I've owned.

It's almost like you want to grab the steering wheel and shake it to see if it's loose, that's the feeling you get transmitted through the bumps.

Cropdoc

Reaction score
Those big BFG's weigh 67 lb each plus the rim. 100 lb on each corner and the tire is a 315. Secondly, the tire has a huge heavy side wall that also acts as a suspension. That shake you feel transmitted thru the bumps is the action of the tires overpowering the suspension. My fix cured the problem after about 300 mi on the tires...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did the tire pressure first day I got it and I double checked the lugs. Crawled underneath to see if there was anything obvious, but I didn't find anything. My wife says she can't feel anything, but I've never felt this in any other truck or car I've owned.

It's almost like you want to grab the steering wheel and shake it to see if it's loose, that's the feeling you get transmitted through the bumps.