GEN 2 Lost my first race...the shame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buddy has a 17 3/4 ton cummins with some kind of programmer with 5 settings. I left him at the light but by about 50 mph he caught me and was passing.....
Guess a tune will be on the list if one is ever perfected

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better get a powerstroke if you really want to hang... Eco may be turned enough to outrun the Cummins, but longevity may suffer. Modern diesel engines make so much torque it's really not a fair fight.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, stock diesels are crazy with the torque. The 3.5 h.o in the raptor is great for gas stock. Diesels are 900 and something stock, yes they are heavier to, but make up for that soon. You will win stock for stock gas almost all the time. Diesels will be harder.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I doubt there will ever be a perfect tune, just like there never was one for the Gen 1s.

MPT, Whipple and Gearhead are the most popular ones and they all provide noticeable increases over the stock tune. Will it be enough to beat a tuned Cummins? Possibly...

The longer you wait, the more you will regret not getting one sooner!

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a 17 3/4 ton cummins with some kind of programmer with 5 settings. I left him at the light but by about 50 mph he caught me and was passing.....

Had a 14 cummins 3/4 ton also, tuned. Had trans tuning as well. Only ran it on the street tune, never ran max tune. Don't recommend running max tune without arp head studs. Tranny lasted 65k miles before it blew. Babied the truck most of time. The ram tranny's are junk. Unless you get a 1ton with the aisin tranny option.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I raced a modded Cummins not long ago and from a roll we were neck and neck the entire way. I’d pull slightly on some gear shifts he would pull slightly on others. Using 4A from a dead stop though I had him beat the entire time.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 14 cummins 3/4 ton also, tuned. Had trans tuning as well. Only ran it on the street tune, never ran max tune. Don't recommend running max tune without arp head studs. Tranny lasted 65k miles before it blew. Babied the truck most of time. The ram tranny's are junk. Unless you get a 1ton with the aisin tranny option.

Damn I didn't know the good tranny was the aisin one. That's a toyota company!

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I didn't know the good tranny was the aisin one. That's a toyota company!

unfortunately it's ram's "upgrade" tranny LOL and it's only available on the 1 ton. Couldn't get it on 3/4 ton. Still nothing like the allison on the GM's. That thing was buttery smooth and as tough as a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.