Sun Visor Upgrade for Guarge Door Opener?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over at F150 Forum they solved the upgrade to add homelink, I think.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/xlt-302a-sun-visor-upgrade-359796/

So, will this work on a 2018 Raptor? Has anyone done this? The new Visor is $130.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the Raptor similar to what the guy at F150 Forum Posted? Looks like he had to build a wire kit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Link to buy it is here, be sure to pick the right color

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-sun-visor-gl3z1504105gd

Last edited:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 801a Rap. Comes with lighted Vanity Mirrors, but no homelink. I ordered an OEM visor that had homelink from eBay for $70 or $80, can't remember exact price. Took down my original, plugged in the replacement and everything works. The homelink receives power from the same plug as the mirror, no modifications required.

OP
OP
RaptorMaryland

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 801a Rap. Comes with lighted Vanity Mirrors, but no homelink. I ordered an OEM visor that had homelink from eBay for $70 or $80, can't remember exact price. Took down my original, plugged in the replacement and everything works. The homelink receives power from the same plug as the mirror, no modifications required.

Thanks, can you pass me the model or the part number?

OP
OP
RaptorMaryland

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it, Bought the Ford Sun Visor from Ford and installed it in less than 5 minutes.

1. Part to order for a Black interior 2018 F150 Raptor ($160 at employee pricing)

part%20to%20order.jpg

2. Take off Black Sun Visor using these instructions, pop of black plastic cover , use 8mm to take off screw, take off power, and reverse to install new visor.

Install%20Sun%20Visor.jpg.

3. Install Visor

homelink%20top%20left.jpg

4. Sorry Army guys, this was that easy.

armysoeasy.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Must be a F*88ing squid. :biggrin:

Army. making simple things complicated since 1775.